Senior UX Researcher
Full time: 35 hours
Location: Remote working/Manchester office base
Thinking of a move to an ethical organisation? Why not join the UK’s original ethical Bank in our industry leading Digital Performance and Optimisation team.
We are excited to announce a brand new opportunity for a Senior User Experience Researcher. This role is responsible for management of the research team, working alongside the Digital Performance and Optimisation Lead to define, implement and champion user centred design strategy process. You will gain valuable experience the power of putting ethics and values first.
What will this role involve?
- Managing the research team and assume responsibility for outputs/deliverables and management of UX team members.
- Working alongside the Digital Performance & Optimisation Lead to define, implement and champion user centered design strategy and processes.
- Designing and conducting usability research both online and in the field and provide recommendations for improvement.
- Serve as a member of a team that acts as a 'repository' of research-based usability knowledge, providing roadmaps and timelines of completion for project work with strategic insight.
- Work with project business representatives and team members to test business requirements using heuristic/qualitative methods.
- Determine user needs by conducting task-focused analyses.
- Work with designers to test proposed look & feel initiatives.
- Manage and develop other researchers to assure and improve research practice.
- Lead moderated user testing and workshops.
- Promoting user centered design principles and best practice.
- Applying knowledge in human factors, ethnography, and the user-centered design process to product and service design in an iterative development environment.
- Conducting in-house research to test new product and concept developments (including user requirements gathering and early stage concept and prototype testing, guerrilla research, and other approaches to ensuring the user need is fully understood in the service design).
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
* Experienced in usability test moderating (all types, particularly one-on-one)
* Proven experience of mentorship and management skills / or Senior User Researcher with the desire to move into Team Leadership
* Ability to impact assess workload and manage delivery expectations and deadlines appropriately
* Choose appropriate methods and advise on application of research methods to assure best practice
* High level of customer focus and understanding of customer needs
* Excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and oral
* Excellent relationship skills - able to operate effectively with internal stakeholders and with external suppliers and partners
* Participant recruiting/screener creation
* Proven experience of managing, executing and analysing usability test sessions
* Proven experience of working in an agile development environment with User Experience teams, designers and developers to create new digital products and services
* Demonstrable ability to take initiative and seek out opportunities to innovate and create effective change
* Precise and high attention to detail
* Be passionate about uses of information architecture/usability/accessibility.
* Experience within a research and digital environment.
* Uses strategic insight and aligns user research activities to inform decision making and action.
What can you expect from us?
* Flexible and remote working
* 27 days holiday, plus opportunity to buy 5 extra days
Competitive pension / income protection / life assurance
Positive, friendly work culture that promotes work life balance
Commitment from employers on continued learning & development
Wellbeing support ‘Help@Hand’ offers mental health support, physiotherapy, GP’s for both you and your family.
2 paid days for volunteering per year
‘MyReward’ corporate discount for over 800 retailers and Cycle to Work Scheme.
Family friendly policies and supportive working environment
Recognition scheme and a culture in which we celebrate success
Colleague network groups committed to inclusion and diversity within our Bank.
This role won’t be around for long, so we would advise to get your application to us as soon as possible by applying today. Unfortunately, we can only consider candidates with the right to work in the UK at this time.
Our Bank is committed to continuing to create a diverse workforce and an inclusive environment where all colleagues can fulfil their potential. We welcome applications from talented individuals from all backgrounds and lifestyles who can work with us in maintaining a culture of belonging, where people are valued and respected. If you have a disability as defined by the 2010 equality act please let us know on your application.
As a reputable employer regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, all offers of employment for this role are subject to a series of background checks, including criminal (DBS) and financial checks.
Please note we may withdraw this vacancy once sufficient applications have been reached.