Senior Systems Analyst
35hrs per week
The Co-operative Bank has been rooted in distinctive co-operative values and ethics, underpinning how we run our business and providing customers with a real ethical alternative for 150 years.
The role: As a Senior Systems Analyst, you’ll be a natural team player, performing a leading role in the identification of IT & System requirements, as well as responsibility for providing support and coaching to other System Analysts, in order to ensure delivery of stable and supportable solutions that add customer value, whilst adhering to the Bank’s values, ethics, governance and risk framework.
You will have an unwavering passion for customers, championing on their behalf by maintaining System Analysis standards and practises to ensure project and scrum technical requirements definition is focussed on supporting business objectives / goals and ensure the team deliver quality results whilst creating a collaborative and enjoyable environment.
* Responsibility for creation of System Analysis deliverables across multiple project streams and activity on large / complex projects or programmes
* Line manage up to 4 System Analysts and task assure up to 10 across multiple projects
* Leading role in the identification of technical requirements, supporting the design, development, testing, implementation and support of systems and solutions.
* Coach, training and mentoring other Systems Analysts on key skills/knowledge areas
* Providing requirements assurance, advice, guidance and support to the project teams through the detailed design, build and system test phases
* Support the Principle Business Analyst in maintaining project and agile standards and practises to ensure project and scrum technical requirements definition is focussed on supporting business objectives / goals, supporting delivery of solution designs, acting as a catalyst for continuous process improvement
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
* Extensive experience working within an IT function, with knowledge of both Application development and infrastructure delivery.
* Proven ability to demonstrate skills for requirements gathering, Use Case development, data mapping, sequence diagrams & activity flows.
* Extensive experience of workshop facilitation and managing risks
* Excellent planning and organisational skills including the ability to prioritise workloads to best meet demand.
* Good understanding of the full software development lifecycle.
* An understanding of formal project and agile delivery methodologies.
* Strong communication and stakeholder management skills at levels up to and including Function Leader level.
* Ability to work as a key member of a team and independently where required.
* Experience of banking operations and processes.
* Strong member/customer focus and ability to promote this same focus and culture across the wider team.
* Ability to provide constructive two-way feedback to both the Principal Business Analyst and to the individual(s) being line/task managed by role holder.
* Facilitate (support) internal training to bridge skill gaps &/or enhance capability and consistent application of processes / procedures
* Ability to lead recruitment for System Analyst Permanent and Contractor adhering to bank policies
What You Can Expect From Us:
* Flexible and remote working
* 27 days holiday, plus opportunity to buy 5 extra days
- Competitive pension / income protection / life assurance
* Positive, friendly work culture that promotes work life balance
* Commitment from employers on continued learning & development
* Wellbeing support ‘Help@Hand’ offers mental health support, physiotherapy, GP’s for both you and your family.
- 2 paid days for volunteering per year
- ‘MyReward’ corporate discount for over 800 retailers and Cycle to Work Scheme.
- Family friendly policies and supportive working environment
- Recognition scheme and a culture in which we celebrate success
- Colleague network groups committed to inclusion and diversity within our Bank.
Our Bank is committed to continuing to create a diverse workforce and an inclusive environment where all colleagues can fulfil their potential. We welcome applications from talented individuals from all backgrounds and lifestyles who can work with us in maintaining a culture of belonging, where people are valued and respected.
As a reputable employer regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, all offers of employment for this role are subject to a series of background checks, including criminal (DBS) and financial checks.