Senior Business Development Manager (North West Based)
Remote/North West Travel
Salary, Up to £69,000pa + Car Allowance
Want to change the world? A career that makes a difference
We’re not a bank that follows the crowd. Instead, we like to stand out for all the right reasons. Our bank is built on co-operative values that stand strong today. A lot has happened in 150 years, we don’t just help people with their money, but help people fight for justice and the causes they care about. Our unique customer-led Ethical Policy, has made us a natural leader in environmental and social issues today, and we’re market leaders in ESG as rated by leading ESG ratings agency Sustainalytics*.
There has never been a more pressing time for our Bank to focus our efforts on causes that matter to our customers and colleagues. Why not see where you can make a change, and join the UK’s original ethical bank to continue our ambitions to lead the industry on environmental and social issues in 2024 and beyond.
This position is remote based however there is a requirement to travel to attend client sites across the North West whilst attending occasional meetings held at our headquarters in Manchester.
Due to continued growth here at the Bank we have an opportunity for a Senior Business Development Manager to be an ambassador for The Co-operative Bank, providing a first class service to prospective customers and supporting their lending requirements. Maximising lending opportunities across the UK commercial banking marketing and supporting organisations that require lending facilities of over £2m.
- Identify potential customers whose values and ethics are aligned to our own and lead them through the journey to becoming Co-operative Bank customers
- Be an Ambassador of the Bank and SME Banking at all internal and external forums, events and networking opportunities, role model for the team
- Contribute to SME portfolio lending, income and deposit growth targets
- Work in collaboration with established Relationship Management team to ensure successful client acquisition from origination to completion. Throughout you will ensure you provide a high level of customer satisfaction
- Forge strong links in the local business/introducer community to create awareness of the values and ethics, services and products of the Co-operative Bank
- Ensure compliance with corporate, statutory and regulatory requirements, plus other relevant internal/external standards for all assigned customers and keep abreast and up to date of changes, the competition and customer propositions which may impact the business and your customers.
- High level of credit skills and credit applications from initial client enquiry through the various stages of gathering the required financial and organisation information, writing the credit paper, negotiating as required with credit officers, dealing with sanction conditions and moving deals through to drawdown
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
- Sales / Business Development experience in the Banking SME Business Finance sector with an established network of local contacts, introducers and broker relationships
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and ability to communicate with a wide range of people
- Strong customer service ethic
- Strong credit and numeracy skills in a commercial lending environment
- Ability to travel to customer locations as required
- Ability to manage risk
- Experience in managing asset books and lending of £2 million +
- Confident selling and marketing products
- specific sector knowledge and be the go to person to shape policy, procedures and credit risk appetite
What You Can Expect From Us:
- Flexible and remote working
- 27 days holiday rising to 30 with service, plus opportunity to buy 5 extra days
- Competitive pension with up to 10% employer contribution
- Income protection / life assurance
- Commitment from employers on continued learning & development
- Wellbeing support ‘Help@Hand’ offers mental health support, physiotherapy, GP’s for both you and your family.
- 2 paid days for volunteering per year
- ‘MyReward’ corporate discount for over 800 retailers and Cycle to Work Scheme.
- Family friendly policies and supportive working environment
- Colleague network groups committed to inclusion and diversity within our Bank.
We can only consider candidates with the right to work in the UK at this time.
Our Bank is committed to continuing to create a diverse workforce and an inclusive environment where all colleagues can fulfil their potential. We welcome applications from talented individuals from all backgrounds and lifestyles who can work with us in maintaining a culture of belonging, where people are valued and respected.
*Rated by Morningstar Sustainalytics in the Regional Banks sub-industry with a score of 8.5 as of 9 October 2023.