Project Cost Analyst
Balloon Street, Manchester / Homeworking
Salary: £37,000 – £43,000
35 hours per week, full time
The Co-operative Bank are longstanding advocates of hybrid and flexible working. During the pandemic our colleagues are working from home fully supported by our bank. As we look to the future, we will continue to offer remote working in roles that allow with the opportunity to spend up 1-2 days in the office per week where desired.
We are looking for a qualified or part qualified Project Cost Accountant to join our strong finance team. The role holder will play a key role in analysing the delivery of our new innovative projects, managing the end-to-end Project accounting records, and deliver high quality information to the central planning team.You’ll also identify, evaluate and manage risks relevant to the associated control objectives.
Why work for us?
* A chance to learn from a highly successful team
* Clear routes to progression with investment in your training and development
* Home working and flexible working opportunities
* 27 days holiday at start, increasing to 30 days plus 8 bank holidays
* Variety of colleague benefits including discount scheme, competitive pension up to 10% employer contribution / life assurance, volunteering day, recognition scheme
* Annual bonus scheme
* Family friendly policies and supportive working environment
* Colleague network groups committed to inclusion and diversity within our Bank.
What will you need?
* Part / qualified accountant or equivalent with experience in financial analysis relating operating costs
* Demonstrates a high level of attention to detail, delivery to tight deadlines while ensuring compliance with relevant financial controls.
* Good commercial and financial awareness
* Professional integrity and scepticism. Not afraid to challenge explanations not supported by data
* Good Excel skills
* Good analytical skills
* Good verbal and written communication skills
* Operates effectively in an environment of continuous improvement
* Ability to build relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Provide standardised regular and reliable financial information by function and project, including actual performance against benefit case initiatives
- Operate key control activities / adherence to accounting policies (GRNI, severance, Fixed Assets / impairment etc), providing assurance that the information reported is materially accurate and complete
- Manage the process to capitalise costs in line with accounting policies
- Provide initial high level commentary - month & YTD performance e.g. supplier, FTE and initiative variances
- Provide functional and project scorecard data where based on actual cost performance
- Support external reporting (e.g. BoE, PRA and the annual report and accounts etc) where based on actual cost performance
Our Bank is committed to continuing to create a diverse workforce and an inclusive environment where all colleagues can fulfil their potential. We welcome applications from talented individuals from all backgrounds and lifestyles who can work with us in maintaining a culture of belonging, where people are valued and respected. If you require more information or this document in a different format, please contact our careers team.
As a reputable employer regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, all offers of employment for this role are subject to a series of background checks, including criminal (DBS) and financial checks.
Please note this vacancy may be closed once a suitable candidate is identified.