Product Manager - Retail
WFH- Manchester hub location- Hybrid working.
Hiring Manager is Lisa.Cawson@co-operativebank.co.uk
The Co-operative bank has a lot to be proud of since the launch of the Ethical Policy in 1992 which remains unique in UK high street banking. We believe our approach to banking, with values and ethics at the centre of everything we do sets us apart and remains the key reason why approximately 4 million customers choose to bank with us.
Purpose of the role:
To define the customer experience for the product area and support oversight of delivery across the Bank. Deliver commercial objectives, target customer outcomes for new and existing customers, and changes to the product range to meet our customer needs, all within Bank defined risk appetite.
* Define and own existing the customer experience for the product area, proactively identify opportunities and work across functions to deliver the target customer experience.
* Support delivery against the priority of customer segments, build on the Banks brand positioning through its Values and Ethics.
* Ensure the product range remains fit for purpose, delivering changes to meet customer needs and market conditions.
* Ensure timely and efficient implementation of agreed pricing and rate changes, including maintaining readiness for Base Rate changes.
- Support a customer-centric culture which inspires and motivates colleagues across Retail Products. Support the cultural transformation required across Retail Products through advocating and encouraging a culture of continuous personal growth.
* Lead effective relationships with key internal stakeholders responsible for delivery of the customer journey and change programmes
* Support effective relationships with external industry bodies and oversight of 3rd party suppliers where required.
* Set clear objectives, work with stakeholders to plan and deliver of initiatives, to agreed timescales and outcomes.
Financial / Commercials
* Lead activities to ensure delivery of the product P&L, including formulation of ideas to generate potential income and de-risking opportunities.
* Performance Management of the customer experience via effective oversight of delivery areas. In particular oversight of MI, KPIs, change, risks and customer feedback.
* Support the use of market intelligence, research and customer segmentation to define customer outcomes and identify improvements within the product line.
Risk and process
* Identify and manage all regulatory, operational and conduct risks arising from the product set in accordance with the Bank’s risk appetite.
* Ensure continually meet all regulatory, risk and control requirements and the appropriate robust governance arrangements are in place.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
* Good knowledge of the UK Financial Services marketplace, with proven experience of managing significant Banking products / categories (customer needs, product strategies, pricing, product innovation, product management, regulation, competitor activity, market developments and trends).
* Understanding of critical acquisition category value drivers and commercial outcomes
* Proven track record in stakeholder management.
* Proven track record in product management.
* Strong communications / Influencing skills evidenced through a number of techniques.
Proven leadership capability
What You Can Expect From Us:
Flexible and remote working
27 days holiday, plus opportunity to buy 5 extra days
Competitive pension / income protection / life assurance
Positive, friendly work culture that promotes work life balance
Commitment from employers on continued learning & development
Flexible and remote working 27 days holiday, plus opportunity to buy 5 extra days
Wellbeing support ‘Help@Hand’ offers mental health support, physiotherapy, GP’s for both you and your family.
2 paid days for volunteering per year
‘MyReward’ corporate discount for over 800 retailers and Cycle to Work Scheme.
Family friendly policies and supportive working environment
Recognition scheme and a culture in which we celebrate success
Colleague network groups committed to inclusion and diversity within our Bank
Strong career path within People Talent and Development.
We are passionate and committed to continuing to build a diverse workforce and an inclusive environment where all colleagues can fulfil their potential. We welcome applications from talented individuals from all backgrounds and lifestyles who can work with us in maintaining a culture of belonging, where people are valued and respected.
At the Co-operative Bank we have a lot to be proud of since the launch of the Ethical Policy in 1992 which remains unique in UK high street banking. We believe our approach to banking, with values and ethics at the centre of everything we do, sets us apart and remains the key reason why approximately 4 million customers choose to bank with us.
Our Bank is committed to continuing to create a diverse workforce and an inclusive environment where all colleagues can fulfil their potential. We welcome applications from talented individuals from all backgrounds and lifestyles who can work with us in maintaining a culture of belonging, where people are valued and respected.
If you require more information or this document in a different format, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
As a reputable employer regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, all offers of employment for this role are subject to a series of background checks, including criminal (DBS) and financial checks.