Mortgage Customer Service Representative
Office Based in Leek Contact Centre
Full Time 37.5 hours per week Monday - Friday (8am-6pm) and 1 in 3 Saturdays (8am-1pm) on a rotating shift pattern
Salary: £24,643 plus annual bonus, 27 days holiday increasing to 30 days plus bank holidays and a fantastic range of benefits
This is a great opportunity for anyone who is looking to kick-start their career or continue their career within the financial services industry. It doesn’t matter if you haven’t worked in a contact centre before, as we’ll give you full training to understand our clients, products and offers. We’re looking for great people with transferrable skills who can communicate clearly and confidently and have the emotional resilience to be able to deal with challenging conversations with customers.
Why join The Co-operative Bank:
2023 is an exciting time to join The Co-operative Bank as we continue our journey of growth. The original Ethical bank, formed in 1872, we are the only UK high street bank with a customer-led Ethical Policy; one of the main reasons our customers choose to bank with us.
We are the bank for people with purpose. From supporting local communities to tackling climate change, all our colleagues and customers have a say in who we are and how we do business. Ethical then, ethical now, ethical always.
We are a diverse colleague community and encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work. We strive to help colleagues connect and support each other, our customers and our communities. We reward them with more than just a competitive salary, offering an attractive range of benefits that support work-life balance, wellbeing and career development.
If you can bring excellent customer service experience, we are offering a brilliant opportunity to join our award-winning team. You will interact with customers over the telephone supporting with their mortgage accounts, ensuring the right outcome for the customer and the bank. As you progress you will learn more skills that will develop your knowledge and capabilities. You will receive fantastic training in a friendly and supportive team to enable you to deliver outstanding service to our customers.
- Protecting and enhancing customer and company interests by using active questioning and listening techniques to determine customers financial and personal circumstances
- Identifying customer needs and responding to them, ensuring all relevant facts and information is gathered, to ensure the most appropriate outcome for the customer.
- Handling each call in a professional manner and having the ability to show empathy and sympathy as required
- Identifying and supporting our vulnerable customers and providing an empathetic approach to their sensitive and unique situations. Working with them to reach a mutually acceptable solution utilising appropriate guidance provided
- Negotiating affordable re-payment plans with customers in financial difficulty following income and expenditure analysis
- Using negotiation and persuasion skills to gain customer commitment
- Ensuring that all interactions with customers are recorded and updated accordingly on the relevant system, adhering to all relevant processes and procedures, to enable accurate and factual data and to make sure our customer’s information is protected at all times.
- Delivering exceptional customer service through every customer interaction utilising specialist knowledge, skills and experience to deliver industry leading customer outcomes (full training provided)
- Supporting the team by providing help, guidance and feedback to others, sharing best practice and seeking out opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Complying with regulatory and company policies at all times
Knowledge, skills and experience required:
- Unwavering customer focus, with the ability to handle queries of a sensitive and challenging nature
- Ability to communicate information clearly, concisely and accurately, typically verbally, but also written
- Positive and enthusiastic approach
- Strong interpersonal skills and an excellent telephone manner
- Good problem solving and analytical skills
- Empathetic nature
- The ability and desire to work in a fast paced environment
- Computer literate with the ability to navigate confidently and quickly around multiple systems whilst speaking to customers over the telephone
What we can offer you:
- 27 days holiday rising to 30 days plus bank holidays
- Annual bonus
- Competitive pension with bank contribution up to 10% based on your contribution
- Income protection and Life assurance
- 2 paid days for volunteering per year
- Retail discounts
- Family friendly policies and a supportive work environment
- Colleague network groups committed to diversity and inclusion.
- Career progression opportunities
We can only consider candidates with the right to work in the UK and who can reliably commute to our Leek office
Our Bank is committed to continuing to create a diverse workforce and an inclusive environment where all colleagues can fulfil their potential. We welcome applications from talented individuals from all backgrounds and lifestyles who can work with us in maintaining a culture of belonging, where people are valued and respected. We are a Disability Confident Employer.
As a reputable employer regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, all offers of employment for this role are subject to a series of background checks, including criminal (DBS) and financial checks. This role won’t be around for long, so we would advise to get your application to us as soon as possible by applying today.
Please note we may withdraw this vacancy once sufficient applications have been reached.