Manchester City Centre
Potential to increase to £24k after successful completion of Ce-Map Qualification (Dep on grades)
35 Hours per week Shifts are 9am-5pm & 10am-6pm Monday-Friday.
A career that makes a difference
Who we are
Formed in 1872 in Victorian Rochdale, our bank was built on co-operative values that still stand today. A lot has happened in 150 years, and we’ve been there through it all. Not just helping people with their money, but helping people fight for justice and the causes they care about. We are the only UK high street bank with a customer-led Ethical Policy; one of the main reasons our customers choose to bank with us.
What we’re about
We are the bank for people with purpose. From supporting local communities to tackling climate change, all our colleagues and customers have a say in who we are and how we do business. Ethical then, ethical now, ethical always.
A great role within our highly successful Mortgage teams with an opportunity to study for a CE-MAP qualification funded by the Bank through our Apprentice scheme. This role is to provide a risk based mortgage lending decision in principle for new & existing customers, ensuring that the customer experience is seamless and their individual needs are met. You will ideally have a solid background in telephony based customer service and if you have previous mortgage experience we would love to hear from you.
* Undertake the 1st stage of the customer mortgage journey by pre-screening the customers prior to their mortgage appointment adhering to MCOB rules.
* Obtain and demonstrate a thorough understanding of the Banks underwriting and credit/lending policy to ensure New and Existing customers receive quality outcomes falling under Quality Assurance controls within a T&C scheme environment.
* Provide customers with existing/new product quotations for comparison purposes in conjunction with the Banks Product and lending Criteria.
* Ability to use a multitude of systems to process customer requests.
* Provide customers with a verbal HMCIB (How much can I borrow?) figure as guidance information on potential lending variations.
* Provide customers with a full Decision in Principle (DiP) to deliver a strong indication of affordability and eligibility for customers mortgage needs..
* Call prospective new customers that have expressed an interest in setting up a new Mortgage with the Bank in order to book in a Mortgage in Principle appointment to support our Direct Mortgage proposition (outbound).
- Complete full Mortgage in principle appointments for new customers ensuring full eligibility and affordability has been considered/calculated prior to booking the customer in for an Advised mortgage appointment.
* Associates support with post application case work for new customers from application point to final offer. This activity involves outbound calling to customers to request additional information in required.
- Outbound calling to existing customers during their product maturity cycle, establishing a need for either an Advice or Execution only appointment prior to booking in the relevant service to support the Banks retention strategy.
- Maintain knowledge of regulatory and legal requirements relevant to the role including mandatory computer based testing in line with EUMCD requirements.
- Stakeholder management including supporting Digital and Branch Network colleagues with improvements in quality and volume of new customer referrals to support the Banks Direct Mortgage proposition.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
Proven experience of delivering exceptional customer experience in a telephony based role
An understanding of the mortgage process and product features.
Ability to work across numerous systems and processes.
Ability to understand large calculations and good attention to detail
Understanding of relevant regulatory requirement
What you can expect from us:
- 27 days holiday at start, rising to 30 days
- Funded apprentice programme to achieve CE-MAP Qualification
- Review of salary after successful completion of the Ce-Map upto £24k Dep on grades.
- Competitive pension / income protection / life assurance
- 2 paid days for volunteering per year
- Positive working environment in contemporary offices
- Strong career path within Financial Services
- Family friendly policies and supportive working environment
- Recognition scheme and a culture in which we celebrate success
- Colleague network groups committed to inclusion and diversity within our Bank.
We look to recruit individuals from all different backgrounds and encourage you to apply even if you don’t tick every box. We celebrate diversity, promote inclusivity and are open to discuss flexible work options to help you balance your work and home life. If you have a disability as defined by the 2010 equality act please let us know on your application.
As a reputable employer regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, all offers of employment for this role are subject to a series of background checks, including criminal (DBS) and financial checks.
Please note we may withdraw this vacancy once sufficient applications have been reached.