Mainframe Software Build Team Coordinator
Location: Remote Working / Skelmersdale
Salary: circa up to 60k
35 hours, full
We can only consider applications for those will full Right to work in the UK. Unfortunately, we are unable to offer sponsorship at this time.
As a Software Build Coordinator in the Mainframe Centre of Excellence team you will be working at the heart of our core banking platform. Your role will be to work with the leader of a team who design, build and support applications that underpin our Retail and SME customer products, and functionality that is fundamental to the running of the Bank such as our payments engine. Alongside tried and trusted coding methods the team also work with some of the latest integration technologies in support of our Digital customer channels. You'll also be part of a team of passionate and quality-focussed professionals in the size of organisation where your actions and attitude can make a real difference for our colleagues and customers.
As a permanent member of the Mainframe Centre of Excellence Build Team, you will be working at the heart of our core banking platform. The role does not necessarily need to demonstrate deep technical expertise in Mainframe products & services (although understanding of the IBM Mainframe platform will be highly regarded). Demonstration of a solid background in managing resources of technical teams is required, whether in a Development, Service Management or Project delivery context.
Point of engagement for the Software Build Group, providing effective resource allocation aligned to the Bank’s change demand and project schedule
Management & tracking of resource allocation across a number of different projects
Provide clarity to the management team on current allocation & capacity of resources, and availability and options for future project allocation & project kick off dates
Highlight potential resource issues or contentions and provide the resource data to enable a priority call to be made
Propose effective resourcing options to match business/project requirements
Articulate deliverables and either assess the effort required, or challenge estimates provided by third-parties
Provide information to management regarding current resource utilisation as well as demand forecasting visibility - highlighting resource contention and shortfalls
Devise & propose effective options to match business/project requirements
Understand & articulate project deliverables – working with the Build team to assess effort required and challenge estimates provided where necessary
Provide oversight and assurance to the work of application designers and developers, whether in house or third-party resources
Maintain effective relationships with key internal stakeholders
Line Management responsibility.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
- Experience in resourcing and project delivery within IBM mainframe technical teams, whether in a Development, Service Management or Project delivery context
- Understanding of mainframe technology and traditional IT Software Development Lifecycle principles
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels, both written and oral
- MS Office suite competence (especially Excel & Word)
- At ease in providing feedback and coaching/mentoring of colleagues
- Experience leading small teams and working with 3rd party service providers in order to achieve timely and quality software change
- Ability and confidence to effectively & constructively challenge, where necessary
- Comfortable working within a structured and methodical, process-driven environment
- Excellent prioritisation & planning skills - highly organised, combined with an enquiring mind
- Proven ability to define and adapt new and existing processes and documentation/templates/ process maps etc
What Can You Expect From Us:
- Flexible and remote working
- 27 days holiday, plus opportunity to buy 5 extra days
- Competitive pension / income protection / life assurance
- Positive, friendly work culture that promotes work life balance
- Commitment from employers on continued learning & development
- Wellbeing support ‘Help@Hand’ offers mental health support, physiotherapy, GP’s for both you and your family.
- 2 paid days for volunteering per year
- ‘MyReward’ corporate discount for over 800 retailers and Cycle to Work Scheme.
- Family friendly policies and supportive working environment
- Recognition scheme and a culture in which we celebrate success
Colleague network groups committed to inclusion and diversity within our Bank
We welcome applications from talented individuals from all backgrounds and lifestyles who can work with us in maintaining a culture of belonging, where people are valued and respected.
at this time, we are only able to consider candidates with the right to work in the UK.
As a reputable employer regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, all offers of employment for this role are subject to a series of background checks, including criminal (DBS) and financial checks.