Lead Software Engineer – Front End (Salesforce)
Manchester (part remote working)
35 hours per week, full time
We are the bank for people with purpose. The only bank born from the co-operative movement 145 years ago. We believe in the power of 'we' and putting values and ethics first. We are looking for talented individuals who want to make their next career move in a bank that celebrates co-operative spirit. We put the customer at the heart of everything we do and wholly embrace advocates who truly connect and endorse our brand. And did we mention we are award winning? Year on year award winners for our products, our customer service and our commitment to communities. What's not to love!
About the role:
As a Lead Software Engineer – Salesforce, you’ll be the senior technician leading our Salesforce Practice as a Centre for Excellence in the delivery of our public-facing channels, developing new features and launching new platforms. You’ll work in an Agile software development environment, liaising with stakeholders across the bank with a focus on leading and shaping a newly formed Salesforce Development team.
- Lead in the delivery of high quality, robust and testable code that meets our coding standards policies
- Line management of front-end development team
- Act as a subject matter expert for Salesforce
- Accountable for delivery of an efficiency-focused SDLC that serves to maximise low-code development based on highly reusable and modular components.
- Mentor colleagues providing advice and guidance on best practice and development techniques
- Exercise key risk controls
- Identify and communicate technical requirements
- Design solutions in accordance with the banks design principles and conventions
- Create and maintain solution documentation
- Communicate with suppliers on software related issues, suggested improvements and participating with other users in the relevant software communities
- Work within Scrum methodology, communicating any identified risks and issues to the Development Manager / Scrum Master accordingly
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
- Experience of leading and shaping a Salesforce Development team
- Experience configuring, developing and supporting the company Salesforce orgs in line with setting best practices
- Salesforce Platform Developer Certified (Mandatory)
- Deep knowledge of Salesforce Workflow, APEX coding, Lightening, Marketing Cloud, Community Cloud, FS Cloud
- Experience Integrating business solutions using 3rd party APIs (REST) experience
- Desirable knowledge of Mulesoft Micro API services
- Deep understanding and knowledge of Gitlab CI/CD Pipeline and release management
- Ability to assist with the enhancement of the current configuration and architectural design
- Ability to lead and work across remote teams
- Test Driven Development experience
- Salesforce lightning framework including the design and implementation of lighting components experience
- Good understanding of Salesforce coding standards
- Experience with third-party applications such as Adobe, Detica, Experian, Hopewiser desirable
- Knowledge of Agile and SCRUM
- Experience working in a fast paced and demanding environment
What You Can Expect From Us:
- 27 days holiday at start, rising to 30 days
- Agile working including opportunity to work from home
- Competitive pension / income protection / life assurance
- 2 paid days for volunteering per year
- Positive working environment in contemporary offices centrally located in Manchester
- Strong career path within Financial Services
- Family friendly policies and supportive working environment
- Recognition scheme and a culture in which we celebrate success
- Colleague network groups committed to inclusion and diversity within our Bank.
Our Bank is committed to continuing to create a diverse workforce and an inclusive environment where all colleagues can fulfil their potential. We welcome applications from talented individuals from all backgrounds and lifestyles who can work with us in maintaining a culture of belonging, where people are valued and respected.
If you require more information or this document in a different format, please contact our careers team on 0344 844 8811.
Please note we may withdraw this vacancy prior to the closing date once sufficient applications have been reached. This vacancy will remain open for a minimum of 2 weeks for internal candidates.
As a reputable employer regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, all offers of employment for this role are subject to a series of background checks, including criminal (DBS) and financial checks.