Intranet & Communications Executive Manchester / Remote
Band C – Salary up to £34,200
35hrs per week
It’s The Co-operative Bank’s ambition to lead and pioneer the industry as the number one ethical bank. Our distinctive co-operative values and ethics have underpinned how we run our business for 150 years, providing customers and colleagues with a real ethical alternative. In our 150th anniversary year, we remain committed to our co-operative heritage and values in all that we do. We recently refreshed our unique customer-led Ethical Policy, which outlines what we will (and won’t) do to support the planet, people and community, and for the second year running we are the UK’s best Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) rated high street Bank by leading ESG ratings agency Sustainalytics.
With more hybrid and flexible working across the Bank than ever before, and a commitment to ensuring our values and ethics are embedded into our workplace culture, we have an opportunity within our Internal Communications Team. We are seeking an Intranet & Communications Executive to support the development of our digital workplace and delivery of our internal communications strategy, with a key focus on our intranet.
You will help the Bank to inform, connect and engage all colleagues via our intranet platform, working with the wider team to create and publish engaging multi-media content for an internal audience that aligns to strategic objectives.
You will support the day-to-day management of the intranet, working closely with our network of intranet editors to ensure content governance and brand guidelines are adhered to, as well as supporting delivery of the intranet roadmap and development of our digital colleague experience. You will also work on wider internal communications initiatives, liaising with internal stakeholders from across the Bank to develop a broad network and understanding of the business and our colleagues who are passionate about supporting customers and communities.
Knowledge, skills and experience required:
* Experience of managing intranet or web based content.
* Experience of using content management systems (CMS) and/or HTML and implementing content management principles.
* Experience of video and/or photo production and editing.
* Experience of delivering high quality, creative, engaging and diverse communications fit for a range of audiences.
* Understanding of best practice tools and techniques for delivering and developing effective communications across a range of mediums.
* Ability to translate complex messages into Plain English for colleagues and stakeholders.
* Strong planning, scheduling, organisational and time management skills.
* Strong communication skills – communicates in writing and verbally in a style appropriate to the audience.
* Ability to work with a diverse range of colleagues, including senior leadership.
* Ability to be flexible and adaptable depending upon requirements.
* Experience of creating of PowerPoint documents to present key strategic updates and engagement plans.
* Experience of working in a regulated environment or finance sector.
* Experience of managing third parties.
* Good bachelor degree qualification essential.
What you can expect from us:
* Flexible and remote working
* 27 days holiday, plus opportunity to buy 5 extra days
- Competitive pension / income protection / life assurance
* Positive, friendly work culture that promotes work life balance
* Our commitment to support your continued learning and development
* Wellbeing support with an employee assistance programme, Mental Health First Aiders and ‘Help@Hand’ tool which offers mental health support, physiotherapy and GPs for you and your family.
- Two paid days for volunteering per year (pro rata)
- ‘MyReward’ corporate discount website, which includes over 800 retailers and a Cycle to Work Scheme
- Family friendly policies and supportive working environment
- Recognition scheme and a culture in which we celebrate success
- Inclusion network groups, run by colleagues for colleagues, to support inclusion and diversity across our Bank
Our Bank is committed to continuing to create a diverse workforce and an inclusive environment where all colleagues can fulfil their potential. We welcome applications from talented individuals from all backgrounds and lifestyles who can work with us in maintaining a culture of belonging, where people are valued and respected.
If you require more information or this document in a different format, please contact email@example.com
As a reputable employer regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, all offers of employment for this role are subject to a series of background checks, including criminal (DBS) and financial checks.