Job Title – Infrastructure Designer
Salary – CR3
Full time: 35 hours
Open to agile, flexible, home working
Base location: Manchester City Centre / Leek / Skelmersdale (Remote start due to Covid19)
Thinking of a move to an ethical organisation? Why not join the UK’s original ethical Bank in our industry leading Enterprise & Operational Risk team.
We are excited to announce a brand new opportunity for an Infrastructure Designer. You will have the opportunity to provide technical leadership to projects throughout the design and deliver phases, manage solution designs within the Bank’s architectural governance framework and work with 3rd party supplier build teams to ensure solutions are implemented. If you are thinking about your next step up into a fast paced, ethical organisation this role may be for you.
You can be based out of either Manchester / Leek / Skelmersdale offices, with flexible home working. Your preferences for home/office based work can be explored further during interview.
- To coordinate accurate estimates for inclusion in end to end project costs and business cases and to assist with the estimates for the end to end IT costs of the Co-operative Bank.
- Leadership within the project of technical resources and SMEs.
- Input to infrastructure solution frameworks and patterns displaying awareness of external markets and suppliers, so that the best value for money and service is delivered.
- Ensure that clear root cause is established for incidents impacting the deliverables of the CoE and that these issues are addressed.
- Work with 3rd party supplier build teams, development and test environment leads to ensure that solutions implemented across the Bank project portfolio.
- Involvement with 3rd parties to design product integration to existing / new solutions.
- Act as a technical escalation point and convene troubleshooting teams to ensure rapid identification and resolution of infrastructure issues.
Must have knowledge of the following:
- VM Ware Platforms and Infrastructure Solutions
- Networking Environments
- Firewall Knowledge
Additional desirable technical skills
- Mainframe (CICS, COBOL, Objecstar, CA Datacom, VSAM etc.)
- UNIX Environments (AIX, LINUX, Solaris etc.)
- Wintel / Storage / Desktop Environments
- Data Centre Hosting
- Cloud Services and integration
- Mobile and BYOD
- Middleware and Integration (IBM Message Broker, DataStage etc.)
Knowledge, skills and experience required
- Proven expertise in leading infrastructure solution, design and process improvement activities within an IT operational environment which resulted in improved efficiency, performance and financial benefit.
- Strong communication and influencing skills for dealing with internal management and teams, liaison with business partners and customers and external IT service providers.
- Good technical authoring skills
What can you expect from us?
- Opportunity to work within a highly successful team
- Experienced and talented colleagues that will help you develop your existing technical skills
- Home working and flexible working opportunities
- 27 days holiday at start, increasing to 30 days
- Varity of colleague benefits including discount scheme, competitive pension / life assurance, volunteering day, recognition scheme
- Family friendly policies and supportive working environment
- Colleague network groups committed to inclusion and diversity within our Bank.
This role won’t be around for long, so we would advise to get your application to us as soon as possible by applying today. Unfortunately, we can only consider candidates with the right to work in the UK at this time.
Our Bank is committed to continuing to create a diverse workforce and an inclusive environment where all colleagues can fulfil their potential. We welcome applications from talented individuals from all backgrounds and lifestyles who can work with us in maintaining a culture of belonging, where people are valued and respected.
As a reputable employer regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, all offers of employment for this role are subject to a series of background checks, including criminal (DBS) and financial checks.
Please note we may withdraw this vacancy once sufficient applications have been reached.