Deputy Branch Manager
Location: Ipswich Branch
Working Hours: 35 Hours - Monday – Friday including 2 in 4 Saturdays with time back in lieu.
We are the bank for people with purpose. The only bank born from the co-operative movement 147 years ago. We believe in the power of 'we' and putting values and ethics first. We are looking for talented individuals who want to make their next career move in a bank that celebrates co-operative spirit. We put the customer at the heart of everything we do and wholly embrace advocates who truly connect and endorse our brand. And did we mention we are award winning? Year on year award winners for our products, our customer service and our commitment to communities. What's not to love!
At The Co-operative Bank we truly believe our customers come first. We understand the responsibility we have, to deliver a service that meets the individual needs of each of our customers. Our Personal Bankers understand that banking in a branch is all about the customer experience ‿what our customers see, hear and feel and not simply a transaction. That’s why Money Facts have awarded the Co-operative Bank ‘Branch Network of the Year’ for the second year running!!
As a Deputy Branch Manager, you will support the Branch Manager in leading a branch team to provide customer and commercial value whilst maintaining all operational and conduct risk requirements.
- Lead branch colleagues to inspire customers to buy from us, stay with us and recommend us to others.
- Complete customer relationship reviews full, partial or execution only, exploring customer needs and building relationships and providing options that add value to the customer and the business. Generate and pass leads with all relevant information to other areas.
- Participate and lead branch daily rituals including customer huddles and ensure the branch environment represents the brand.
- Create and implement coaching and development plans that positively impact business performance through the effective use of web maps and diagnostic matrix reviews and regular developmental observations.
Knowledge, skills and experience required:
- Experience of coaching a range of colleagues.
- Strong communication and relationship management skills.
- Experience of monitoring quality and performance and raising standards over time.
- Communicates verbally and in writing in a style appropriate to audience.
- Experience of dealing with multiple issues, tasks and priorities concurrently
- Excellent customer relationship skills
- Detailed product knowledge related to branch activities
- Excellent face-to-face customer service and telephone skills
- Previous experience of working in a face-to-face customer environment
- Good understanding of Bank complaint process
- Provides help, guidance and advice to less experienced colleagues
Our Bank is committed to continuing to create a diverse workforce and an inclusive environment where all colleagues can fulfil their potential. We welcome applications from talented individuals from all backgrounds and lifestyles who can work with us in maintaining a culture of belonging, where people are valued and respected.
That’s what we can offer you – a firm belief in doing what’s right in a place where you can feel genuinely proud to work, grow and develop.
So, what are you waiting for‿. apply now!