Customer Support Manager
Remote working with regular meetings at our Manchester office and client visits
Up to £28,900
35 hours full time
2022 has already been a milestone year for The Co-operative Bank, in which we have delivered against the ambitious turnaround plan set three years ago to significantly improve the financial strength and stability of the Bank.
These results demonstrate that our leading position on ethical and social matters is not only good for our communities, but also delivers strong commercial outcomes. As ethics and sustainability become increasingly important to consumers, now more than ever, there is an important role for an ethical bank like us in the market place.
As a Customer Support Manager you will be an ambassador for the Co-operative Bank and all that we stand for in the local business community, providing a first class service to new and existing customers in addition to supporting their lending requirements. The focus of the role will be supporting our Relationship Managers with the day to day management of customer portfolios and driving commercial growth. You will carry out video calls with customers, prospects, accountants, brokers and your Relationship Manager. Your role will be to manage key customer operations and stakeholder relationships. You will need to have previous experience within a credit assessment environment which includes some understanding of financial accounts. We are looking for candidates with a growth mind-set to embark on a progressive career within our SME team.
Maintain a strong working knowledge of your customers and their stage in the onboarding journey in order to proactively manage and communicate with them, anticipate requirements and resolve issues to ensure a swift and smooth transition.
Understand customer needs and our product / propositions to identify opportunities to deepen relationship and share of wallet.
Work closely with the Relationship Banking team and the customer to ensure all product and service requirements are met.
Ensure all customer interactions are handled appropriately and in line with procedures, standards and defined discretion, and that specialist knowledge, appropriate behaviours, negotiation skills etc. are applied to achieve the best outcomes for customers. Resolving customers’ queries promptly within agreed authority and discretion
Work to our current business lending strategy, completing lending applications for secured lending greater than £25k.
Work with relationship managers to complete annual credit reviews for existing customers.
Attend existing customer meetings with relationship managers to maintain and improve the level of service or provide additional products.
Attend prospect meetings with relationship managers to promote the Bank with our primary focus being a switch in a new to bank business customer.
Attend networking events which are local to your area where you are able to promote the commercial and business banking services the Bank has to offer.
Assist with adhoc requests from senior management which can sometimes include customer remediation
Knowledge, skills and experience required:
* Excellent interpersonal skills, able to communicate with a wide range of people
* Strong customer service ethic
* Foundation credit skills in a commercial lending environment
* Work well in a team setting
* Ability to work remotely and flexible in approach
* Reliable and ethical, respecting customers’ confidentiality
* Ability to manage risk
* Proactive and highly self-motivated
* Confident selling and marketing products
* Comfortable approaching people
* Good numeracy skills
* Ability to explain complex information in simple terms
* Ability to identify the features and benefits of products and services your company offers
* You will have, or be able to quickly develop, specific sector knowledge
* Ability to travel to customer locations as required.
* Credit / Financial Analysis
What can you expect from us?
* A chance to join our highly successful national Commercial Banking team
* Flexible working opportunities
* 27 days holiday at start, increasing to 30 days
* Competitive pension up to 10% employer contribution / life assurance
* Annual bonus (dependent on individual and Bank performance)
* Variety of colleague benefits including discount and wellbeing schemes
* Family friendly policies and supportive working environment
* Colleague network groups committed to inclusion and diversity within our Bank
This role won’t be around for long, so we would advise to get your application to us as soon as possible by applying today. Unfortunately, we can only consider candidates with the right to work in the UK at this time.
Our Bank is committed to continuing to create a diverse workforce and an inclusive environment where all colleagues can fulfil their potential. If you have a disability as defined by the 2010 equality act please let us know on your application.
As a reputable employer regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, all offers of employment for this role are subject to a series of background checks, including criminal (DBS) and financial checks.
Please note we may withdraw this vacancy once sufficient applications have been reached.