Customer Service Advisor – Contact Centre
Full Time - 35, 37.5 or 40 hours shifts between 8am-6pm Monday–Friday and every other Saturday 9am-12pm
35 days holiday (inc bank holidays)
£19,200 - £23,285 dependent on experience and working hours plus excellent benefits
You will also receive enhanced pay (premium pay) on top of your basic salary for working on a weekend.
Start dates 24th October and 7th November
Who we are:
Formed in 1872 in Victorian Rochdale, our bank was built on co-operative values that still stand today. A lot has happened in 150 years, and we’ve been there through it all. Not just helping people with their money, but helping people fight for justice and the causes they care about. We are the only UK high street bank with a customer-led Ethical Policy; one of the main reasons our customers choose to bank with us.
We are the bank for people with purpose. From supporting local communities to tackling climate change, all our colleagues and customers have a say in who we are and how we do business. Ethical then, ethical now, ethical always.
Why join The Co-operative Bank:
We are a diverse colleague community and encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work. We strive to help colleagues connect and support each other, our customers and our communities. We reward them with more than just a competitive salary, offering an attractive range of benefits that support work-life balance, wellbeing and career development.
If you can bring excellent customer service experience, ideally from a contact centre background, we are offering a brilliant opportunity to join our award winning team. You will identify customers’ banking needs whilst guaranteeing the right outcome for the customer and the bank. You will interact with customers over the telephone dealing with their day to day banking needs. As you progress you will learn more skills that will develop your knowledge and capabilities. You will receive fantastic training in a friendly and supportive team to enable you to deliver outstanding service to our customers.
- Deliver award winning customer service through every customer interaction
- Maintain an excellent working knowledge of our products and service offering
- Identify customers in financial difficulty or vulnerable situations and work with them to reach a mutually acceptable solution, utilising appropriate guidance provided
- Identify customer needs and respond to them appropriately
- Ensure that all interactions with customers are recorded and updated on the relevant system, adhering to all relevant processes and procedures, to enable accurate data and performance management and to make sure our customer’s information is protected at all times
- Dealing with inbound calls and making outbound calls to obtain missing documents/information to process
- Support the team by providing help, guidance and feedback to others, sharing best practice and seeking out opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Maintain knowledge of regulatory and legal requirements relevant to the role
Knowledge, skills and experience required:
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience in a customer service environment (ideally within a contact centre)
- Ability to multitask and prioritise
- Passion, energy and enthusiasm
- Excellent listening and problem solving skills
- The ability and desire to work in a fast paced environment
- A hardworking and committed attitude
- Resilience and determination
- Computer literate with the ability to navigate confidently and quickly around multiple systems whilst speaking to customers over the telephone
What we can offer you:
- Flexible working patterns 35, 37.5 or 40 hour week contract plus overtime paid at enhanced rates
- Annual bonus
- Enhanced pay on top of your basic salary for working on a weekend
- 27 days holiday plus bank holidays, rising to 30 days
- 2 paid days for volunteering per year
- Family friendly policies and a supportive work environment
- Colleague network groups committed to diversity and inclusion.
- Clear progression opportunities
Our Bank is committed to continuing to create a diverse workforce and an inclusive environment where all colleagues can fulfil their potential. We welcome applications from talented individuals from all backgrounds and lifestyles who can work with us in maintaining a culture of belonging, where people are valued and respected. We are a Disability Confident Employer.
Unfortunately, we can only consider candidates with the right to work in the UK.
As a reputable employer regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, all offers of employment for this role are subject to a series of background checks, including criminal (DBS) and financial checks.
Please note we may withdraw this vacancy once sufficient applications have been reached.