Location: Manchester City Centre
Hours: Full Time (Mon–Fri 10am–4pm and 2 in 4 Saturdays (with a set day off during the week)
Salary: £18,200 - £19,500
We are the bank for people with purpose. The only bank born from the co-operative movement 149 years ago. We believe in the power of 'we' and putting values and ethics first. We are looking for talented individuals who want to make their next career move in a bank that celebrates co-operative spirit. We put the customer at the heart of everything we do and wholly embrace advocates who truly connect and endorse our brand. And did we mention we are award winning? Year on year award winners for our products, our customer service and our commitment to communities. What's not to love!
To embrace the Bank's strategic commitment to putting customers first and deepening relationships, through conducting a range of pro-active outbound telephone campaigns to Retail and SME (Business Banking) customers.
Engage with customers to promote the range of financial products and services available to meet their needs, fulfilling as appropriate by booking appointments or profiling the self serve options on our website, based on customer preference.
- Proactively contact retail and SME customers based on marketing strategy and trading priorities
- Brand advocate and ambassador able to explain Co-operative points of difference
- Utilise Bank data to contact customer during key service breaks, proactively identifying issues and supporting repair work
- Work cross channel, identifying opportunities to generate income through booking appointments
- Work cross channel, explaining and assisting customers applying for products and services on-line
- Apply specialist knowledge, skills and appropriate behaviours to achieve a successful outcome for the customer, referring to more senior colleagues where appropriate
- Identify and fulfil products and service needs for customers during interactions
- Use of complaint capture process highlighting trends and emerging issues where appropriate
- Generate and pass leads with all relevant information to other areas (i.e. Mortgage Advisor) as appropriate to meet customer need and provide an excellent customer experience
- Ensure issues and risks are raised following the customer first principles
- React and support ad-hoc requests
- Discuss and identify whether customers require any additional support to manage their day to day banking needs, adhering to the defined processes when dealing with vulnerable customers
- Embrace fraud education and prevention and profile the features and benefits of using digital banking functionality via Online and Mobile banking and digital wallets etc
- Support the review and updating of customers personal details / marketing preferences to maximise efficiency with regard to data capture and use within marketing activity
Knowledge, skills and experience required:
- Excellent customer service skills
- Previous experience of working in a telephony environment
- Good understanding of Bank complaint process and all relevant bank systems
- Detailed product knowledge
- Proven problem solving and analytical skills
- Objection handling skills
- Good continuous improvement skills
What you can expect from us:
- 27 days holiday at start, rising to 30 days
- Competitive pension / income protection / life assurance
- 2 paid days for volunteering per year
- Positive working environment in contemporary offices
- Strong career path within Financial Services
- Family friendly policies and supportive working environment
This role won’t be around for long, so we would advise to get your application to us as soon as possible by applying today.
Should you require any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process, please let our careers team know.
Our Bank is committed to continuing to create a diverse workforce and an inclusive environment where all colleagues can fulfil their potential.
We welcome applications from talented individuals from all backgrounds and lifestyles who can work with us in maintaining a culture of belonging, where people are valued and respected.