Credit Risk Analyst (Secured Lending)
Salary up to £37,700
Remote or hybrid working in Manchester
A career that makes a difference
Formed in 1872 in Victorian Rochdale, our bank was built on co-operative values that still stand today. A lot has happened in 150 years, and we’ve been there through it all. Not just helping people with their money, but helping people fight for justice and the causes they care about. We are the only UK high street bank with a customer-led Ethical Policy; one of the main reasons our customers choose to bank with us. Find out more about who we are here.
We are the bank for people with purpose. From supporting local communities to tackling climate change, all our colleagues and customers have a say in who we are and how we do business. Ethical then, ethical now, ethical always.
We are a diverse colleague community and encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work. We strive to help colleagues connect and support each other, our customers and our communities. We reward them with more than just a competitive salary, offering an attractive range of benefits that support worklife balance, wellbeing and career development.
We have an opportunity for a Risk Analyst to join our strong Secured Credit Risk Team*.* As part of this role you will work as a key member of the team supporting provide analytical support, insight and guidance to ensure the ongoing improvement and effectiveness of risk management strategies and associated processes across the Bank’s secured portfolios. You will lead and support various credit risk activities, predominantly across the customer acquisition and / or management lifecycles.
What You Can Expect From Us:
* 27 days holiday at start, rising to 30 days
* Flexible working arrangement including working from home.
* Annual bonus scheme
* Competitive pension / income protection / life assurance
* Strong career path within Financial Services
* Family friendly policies and supportive working environment
* Recognition scheme and a culture in which we celebrate success
* Our ethical stance and concern for our customers underpin all that we do
* We are officially rated as the UK’s best Environmental, Social and Governance high street bank
* You will be a key part of our journey to become the UK’s best digital bank
* Colleague benefits including discount scheme, life assurance, paid volunteering days, recognition scheme
* Colleague network groups committed to inclusion and diversity
What would we like you to have?
* Credit Risk knowledge and experience preferable
* Educated to degree level in an analytical discipline. Ideally a further high level qualification in mathematics / statistics
* Strong mathematical skills
* Ability to analyse and present data & information using industry standard interrogation and statistical packages (SAS, SQL) is preferable
* Experience of credit risk management and associated analytical techniques and practices
* Experience in at least one area of credit risk management strategies (acquisition, customer management or arrears management) is preferable
* Good understanding of the consumer lending industry. This includes systems and practices along with commercial, financial and legislative requirements and issues
* Good communication (written and verbal) skills, including well developed presentation skills
* Proven stakeholder management skills
* Understanding of Credit Reference Agencies and their data
* Ability to analyse and confidently present complex technical information
* Planning and organisation skills – including the ability to deliver under high pressure and time limited scenarios
* Undertake analysis to support the development of credit risk strategies and controls to ensure that lending is provided in accordance with the credit risk policies and risk appetite of the business. This analysis will include setting credit score cut offs, refer / decline rules, limit strategies, affordability assessments, authorisation strategies and cross sell eligibility.
* Review the effectiveness of credit risk controls and strategies including performance against key risk indicators, benchmarking against other lenders and analysis of actual performance against expectations, providing insights into any variances, with recommendations to their manager for corrective action where necessary.
* Review and investigate product and service design to take account of credit risk and ensure that appropriate controls are in place to manage those risks.
* Support the development of credit risk strategies and processes that support the Bank’s customer first approach, with consideration given to relevant industry regulation and guidance.
* Monitor and report on the profile of business written against plan and key drivers of risk, highlighting variations and recommending actions as appropriate
* Deliver analytical management information and analysis to support senior management requests. These will include channel, product and cohort splits
* Evaluate and establish information sources, and carry out research activity, so that analysis can be undertaken based on sound and up-to-date data
If you require more information or this document in a different format, please contact our careers team.
As a reputable employer regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, all offers of employment for this role are subject to a series of background checks, including criminal (DBS) and financial checks.
Please note: we are able to close this role at any point should a successful candidate be identified.
As a Disability Confident employer, we commit to interviewing all disabled* applicants that meet the minimum knowledge, skills & experience for the role. If you meet this criteria please advise on your application.
*As defined in The Equality Act 2010*. By ‘minimum criteria’ we mean you should provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required and have the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential to perform the role.