Operational Resilience Analyst
35 hours per week, full time
The Co-operative Bank are longstanding advocates of hybrid and flexible working. During the pandemic our colleagues are working from home fully supported by our bank. As we look to the future, we will continue to offer remote working in roles that allow with the opportunity to spend 1-2 days in the office where desired.
The Co-operative Bank are celebrating 150 years of ethical banking, we're proud to be different. And we're even prouder that it's our people with purpose, who make us different. We help colleagues connect and support each other, our customers and our communities. We reward them with more than just a competitive salary, offering an attractive range of benefits that support work life balance, wellbeing and career development.
As a Operational Resilience Analyst, you’ll be responsible for delivering the Operational resilience roadmap across the Bank. You will provide expert specialist advice to enable the delivery and maintenance of all aspects of Operational resilience including but not limited to the Bank’s Resilience, Recovery and Resolution Plans (RRRP) and Operational resilience framework including Business Continuity. You will also be responsible for contributing to the appropriate policies, processes in place in order for the Bank to meet existing and future regulatory requirements.
You are responsible for supporting the Banks response and recovery of incidents (IMT/CMT) which requires 24/7 support.
* Engage with key internal stakeholders to ensure full understanding of all aspects of Operational resilience regulations and requirements ensuring there is clear business ownership, with robust oversight and control to deliver compliance with all regulatory requirements.
* Ensure the Bank is able to respond to all Customer needs during periods of stress (short term disruption, business continuity & resolution).
* Develops and maintains the processes and tools used across the Bank to embed the Risk Policies and Control Standards for Operational Continuity in Resolution (OCIR), Operational Resilience and wider RRRP.
* Drives delivery of the key milestones within the operational recovery (inc OCIR) & resilience roadmap
* To support external stakeholders engagement sessions (PRA, FCA and other Bank of England departments) to prioritise and deliver Resilience, Recovery and Resolution related projects.
* To lead effective root cause analysis, identifying pressure points and rolling out improvement programmes at pace.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
* Subject matter expert in Operational Resilience, OCIR, incident management and an in depth understanding and interpretation of regulatory requirements for RRP.
* Expert knowledge of the regulatory requirements and rules that govern the business activities that you are responsible, accountable or work within.
* Deep knowledge of programme & project management techniques
* Good understanding of Financial services industry and Bank processes and services
* High level of stakeholder management and ability to influence to deliver across an organisation
* Strong understanding of processes, governance frameworks, operational risk and compliance
* Excellent stakeholder management, able to build and manage relationships at a specialist level with external suppliers and partners.
* Excellent communication and presentation skills at senior levels
* Proven presentation skills, both written and verbal
* Leading an organisation wide change programme at a strategic level
* Leading a team of professional experts in the provision of an internal consultancy service to the business
* Strong analytical and report writing skills with an attention to detail.
* Ability to deliver high standards of work to tight deadlines in a high pressure environment.
* Proven experience of grasping and clearly communicating complex issues along with the confidence to challenge people thinking.
What You Can Expect From Us:
* Flexible and remote working
* 27 days holiday, plus opportunity to buy 5 extra days
Competitive pension / income protection / life assurance
Positive, friendly work culture that promotes work life balance
Commitment from employers on continued learning & development
Wellbeing support ‘Help@Hand’ offers mental health support, physiotherapy, GP’s for both you and your family.
2 paid days for volunteering per year
‘MyReward’ corporate discount for over 800 retailers and Cycle to Work Scheme.
Family friendly policies and supportive working environment
Recognition scheme and a culture in which we celebrate success
Colleague network groups committed to inclusion and diversity within our Bank.
Our Bank is committed to continuing to create a diverse workforce and an inclusive environment where all colleagues can fulfil their potential. We welcome applications from talented individuals from all backgrounds and lifestyles who can work with us in maintaining a culture of belonging, where people are valued and respected.
If you require more information or this document in a different format, please contact email@example.com
As a reputable employer regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, all offers of employment for this role are subject to a series of background checks, including criminal (DBS) and financial checks.