Location – Home Based/Manchester
Full time - 35 hours
Grade – Band CR1
- Main responsibilities will include but is not exclusive to: diary management, inbox oversight, travel booking and general business management / queries.
- Support the Executive Business Support/Directorate teams/nominated Senior Leaders with delivery against the Bank’s scorecard on key metrics, regulatory standards etc. by completing associated tasks/activities when required.
- Aid the transformation of the current business to make it more efficient and capable of delivering against the future strategic aims by supporting the coordination of departmental projects and initiatives
- In addition, provide support to the wider leadership team and department where necessary.
- Enhance cross-functional collaboration while supporting various directorates across the Bank, identifying any gaps in stakeholder engagement as appropriate.
- Support delivery against the Bank’s scorecard on key metrics and regulatory standards.
- Main point of contact for Senior Leaders being supported for requests and generic areas of activity, dealing with queries and responding to emails etc.
- Manage complex and demanding diaries, anticipate and coordinate travel arrangements, facilitating the most effective use of the business leader’s time and reconciling conflicting demands.
- Deputise for the Executive Business Support as required ensuring continuity of support is maintained.
- Document creation and maintenance on behalf of the Leaders to meet their individual needs
- In Leaders absence manage mailbox, filter and redirect emails requiring attention; process/approve H.R./I.T./Oracle requests/notifications checking clashes and alignment to budgets and Bank procedures.
- Works collaboratively with other areas of the Bank to support the delivery of an integrated and seamless approach to customer service at all touch points, in order to deliver results across the balanced scorecard.
- Support of the Bank’s strategic customer service ambition and delivery of positive commercial and customer outcomes aligned to Senior Leader areas of accountability.
- Ensure an effective working environment, supporting the development and motivation of colleagues.
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to forge strong and productive relationships.
- Role model the values and behaviours, ensuring high performance and professionalism.
- Support the maintenance of an accurate Core HR people hierarchy, aligned to the Functional budgets.
- Collate and consolidate HR talent and succession planning templates aligned to determined timescales.
- Responsible for the production of local moderation packs, as well as ensuring all ratings are input into the system/cascaded up to functional moderation as per required timelines.
- Assist with and support of Functional colleague engagement plans, supporting cultural development that aligns to the Bank wide people agenda.
- Understand the Bank’s risk management framework and how it applies to your role, ensuring policy and process adherence where relevant and that risks are managed and controlled.
- Adhere to the relevant governance frameworks, policies, processes and controls; including adhering to the employee code of conduct.
- Support the embedding of a robust risk management culture across the Function, initiating the risk event process as and when issues identified.
- Assist with the oversight of the teams’ mandatory training completion, ensuring awareness of non-completion and tracking of any performance moderation requirements.
- Assist local governance, including action tracking and meeting rigour as required.
- Support Functional resources and activities in line with budget requirements.
- Create agenda and papers for Committees as requested by Senior Leader
- Encouragement to move to more efficient ways of working (minimal printing, less travel), utilising technology to support.
- Support the delivery of cost plans within the role’s remit.
Building Our Future
- Support and drive continuous improvement throughout the Function, delivering operational excellence within the business areas supported.
- Aid the transformation of the current business to make it more efficient and capable of delivering against the future strategic aims, supporting the coordination of departmental projects and initiatives where required
- Knowledge of relevant processes, procedure and policy.
- Understanding of customer service, customer needs and challenges.
- Proven ability and high performance when dealing with BAU and non-BAU activity proactively.
- Ability to understand complex requests and requirements.
- Analytical thinking, with the ability to understand key issues and support change
- Excellent negotiating, networking communication and influencing skills to manage relationships and navigate challenges.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Experience in supporting business leaders and managing multiple priorities.
- A track record of understanding the business requirements of business leaders to enable the delivery of effective support.
- Expert level use of electronic communications, document management systems, expense systems, word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High level of tact and integrity and ability to negotiate confidently and professionally at all levels.
- Understands sensitivity of high profile relationships.
- Strong stakeholder management with the ability to influence and network as required.
- Awareness of the need for confidentiality and adherence to non-disclosure agreements.