Software Build Coordinator (Mainframe CoE)
Location: Remote working / Skelmersdale
Discipline: Retail Banking
Job type: Permanent
Software Build Coordinator (Mainframe Centre of Excellence)
Skelmersdale / Working from home
35 hours, full time* (We will also consider applications from candidates looking for flexible hours / work part time / condensed 4 day week)*
We can only consider applications for those will full Right to work in the UK. Unfortunately, we are unable to offer sponsorship at this time.
As the Software Build Group Coordinator in the Mainframe Centre of Excellence team you will be working at the heart of our core banking platform. Your role will be to understudy and deputise for the leader of a team who design, build and support applications that underpin our Retail and SME customer products, and functionality that is fundamental to the running of the Bank such as our payments engine. Alongside tried and trusted coding methods the team also work with some of the latest integration technologies in support of our Digital customer channels. You'll also be part of a team of passionate and quality-focussed professionals in the size of organisation where your actions and attitude can make a real difference for our colleagues and customers.
* Point of engagement for the Software Build Group, providing effective resource allocation aligned with the Bank’s Portfolio demand
* Articulate deliverables and either assess the effort required, or challenge estimates provided
* Provide oversight and assurance to the work of application designers and developers, whether in house or third party
* Maintain effective relationships with key internal stakeholders
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
* Experience in resourcing and delivery within IBM mainframe technical teams, whether in a Development, Service or Project delivery context
* Understanding of mainframe technology and the project development lifecycle
* Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels, both written and oral, within the business and IT areas
* At ease in providing personal and technical feedback and coaching to others, thereby enhancing team delivery
* Strong experience in leading others and working with 3rd parties in order to achieve timely and quality software change
* Ability and confidence to effectively challenge others constructively, where necessary.
* Ability to work with a structured and methodical approach, combined with an enquiring mind
* Excellent problem solving and prioritisation skills and highly organised
This role won’t be around for long, so we would advise to get your application to us as soon as possible by applying today. Unfortunately, we can only consider candidates with the right to work in the UK at this time.
Our Bank is committed to continuing to create a diverse workforce and an inclusive environment where all colleagues can fulfil their potential. We welcome applications from talented individuals from all backgrounds and lifestyles who can work with us in maintaining a culture of belonging, where people are valued and respected. If you have a disability as defined by the 2010 equality act please let us know on your application.
As a reputable employer regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, all offers of employment for this role are subject to a series of background checks, including criminal (DBS) and financial checks.
Please note we may withdraw this vacancy once sufficient applications have been reached.