Analyst - AML Advice & Oversight
35 hours per week
Hiring manager is Karen.Traynor@co-operativebank.co.uk
We are the bank for people with purpose. The only bank born from the co-operative movement 150 years ago. We believe in the power of 'we' and putting values and ethics first. We are looking for talented individuals who want to make their next career move in a bank that celebrates co-operative spirit. And did we mention we are award winning? Year on year award winners for our products, our customer service and our commitment to communities. What's not to love!
To support the AML Manager and the AML Advice & Oversight team in delivering expert AML/CTF and Financial Sanctions advice and guidance to key stakeholders within Co-op Bank by providing expert and pragmatic independent guidance, resulting in an effective second line of defence which supports the MLRO in meeting their SMF responsibilities.
To produce regular and detailed Quality Assurance/Oversight reporting derived from in-depth analysis of risk management information, and to influence 1st Line business areas to undertake appropriate remedial activity to effectively manage AML, Sanctions & CTF risks.
The role holder will be recognised as a subject matter expert (SME) for AML, Sanctions & CTF regulatory requirements and will be required to support the team in influencing key stakeholders in order to ensure that these are at the heart of the Bank. They must support the AML Advice & Oversight team by ensuring that any identified AML, Sanctions & CTF issues are mitigated in a timely manner, accurately reported upon and managed within defined risk appetite and policy.
* Provide subject matter expertise, advice and challenge to the business with regards to AML, Sanctions & CTF regulatory risk, to ensure that customer outcomes remain the key priority. This includes contributing fully to the analysis of customer requirements and the identification and development of appropriate AML, Sanctions & CTF solutions (systems and services) to meet their needs.
* Build and maintain relationships with key internal stakeholders across the business, helping to raise the profile of AML, Sanctions and CTF across the whole of Co-op Bank. Key stakeholders include 1st Line Business Units, 1st Line Operational areas, 2nd Line Risk and Internal Audit (3rd Line of Defence).
* Provide support, advice and challenge on all AML, Sanctions & CTF regulatory risk change initiatives, product launches and major process changes, to ensure customer interests are protected at all times.
* Support key business areas responsible for the discharge of the Anti-Money Laundering policy.
CONTROL (RISKS, FINANCIALS AND PROCESSES)
* Support Development, implementation, maintenance and embedding of AML, Sanctions & CTF Policy and Control Standards.
* Support implementation and embedding the Risk Management Framework, by providing 2nd Line oversight and challenge on all AML, Sanctions & CTF regulatory risk activities across the business. This includes understanding emerging risks & issues and leading 2nd Line activity designed to mitigate risks to within risk appetite.
* Support the provision of regular and detailed reporting to senior management and relevant executive committees on AML, Sanctions and CTF risks/issues, along with performance of relevant systems and effectiveness of controls and adherence to regulatory requirements. This includes producing the initial drafts of the annual MLRO report.
* Support the process associated with the acceptance of AML, Sanctions & CTF risks, including policy waivers & dispensations, ensuring that key stakeholders are aware of the actions required by them to manage the risk.
* Support the delivery of advice and oversight of all aspects of AML, Sanctions & CTF activities across Co-op Bank, being seen as the focal point for this activity by the business. This includes supporting the business with any reasonable request for AML, Sanctions & CTF information made by the regulator (FCA) or law enforcement bodies.
* Support the team in making changes to AML training material utilised across the Bank
* Provide support to the team for input to major remediation and change programmes, ensuring AML, Sanctions and CTF regulatory requirements are adequately considered, whilst working with the business on solutions that balance risk v commerciality.
* Support the AML Advice & Oversight team to lead the provision of 2nd Line support in the development of AML, Sanctions and CTF strategies across the Bank.
* As a member of the AML Advice & Oversight Team, contribute to the success of the team by being seen as a subject matter expert by the business in respect of AML, Sanctions and CTF regulatory requirements. This includes ensuring that decisions taken by the 1st Line are consistent with AML, Sanctions and CTF Policies / Control Standards, regulatory requirements are met and management information is adequate.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
* Previous experience within a financial institution involving both Retail and Business / Commercial customers
* Strong communication, influencing and stakeholder management skills
* Ability to maintain a busy and diverse work schedule supporting a team involved in several concurrent projects / programmes
* Able to plan and prioritise work effectively, to ensure the right outcomes are achieved within designated timescales
* Sound knowledge of relevant company systems, procedures and able to provide relevant challenge in a persuasive way to mitigate any risks
* Able to prepare and write reports that measure the effectiveness of the controls operated by the 1st line, and the overall group performance against risk appetite
* Knowledge of industry developments in financial crime
* Subject matter expert in AML, Sanctions and CTF, including a deep technical understanding of FCA rules and JMLSG guidelines (Industry guidance relating to money laundering) is required but transferrable skills would be considered
* Relevant Financial Crime qualification or significant experience gained within a Financial Crime environment of a financial services institution or a desire to work towards a recognised qualification
* In depth understanding of Co-op Bank’s Risk Management Framework and an ability to provide effective oversight and challenge
What You Can Expect From Us:*
- 27 days holiday at start, rising to 30 days
- Competitive pension / income protection / life assurance
- 2 paid days for volunteering per year
- Positive working environment in contemporary offices centrally located in Manchester.
- Strong career path within Financial Services
- Family friendly policies and supportive working environment
- Recognition scheme and a culture in which we celebrate success
- Colleague network groups committed to inclusion and diversity within our Bank.
Our Bank is committed to continuing to create a diverse workforce and an inclusive environment where all colleagues can fulfil their potential. We welcome applications from talented individuals from all backgrounds and lifestyles who can work with us in maintaining a culture of belonging, where people are valued and respect