Salary – Competitive + Benefits
Full time: 35 hours
Manchester City Centre - Open for remote working/Manchester office base
The Co-operative Bank are longstanding advocates of hybrid and flexible working. During the pandemic our colleagues are working from home fully supported by our bank. As we look to the future, we will continue to offer remote working in roles that allow with the opportunity to spend 1-2 days in the office where desired.
Thinking of a move to an ethical organisation? Why not join the UK’s original ethical Bank in our industry leading data development team.
We are excited to announce a brand new opportunity for a WebFocus Developer. You would be viewed as the WebFocus subject matter expert, leading the development of complex and large scale development, ensuring that solution design is appropriate for the application. You will gain valuable experience using the latest version of WebFocus 8 and experience the power of putting ethics and values first!
What will this role involve?
* Lead the development of complex and/or large scale developments, ensuring that solution design is appropriate for the application.
* Proactively identify issues, risks, assumptions and dependencies during project phases; formulate mitigating actions and implement measures to reduce, remove or manage them.
* Work across the breadth of all banking data primarily Retail, Corporate and Treasury Risk and understand interconnectivities between, and downstream dependencies of any development and change
* Work with internal Data & MI teams to ensure each delivery is fit for purpose.
* Offer support/mentor junior MI Developers where required to encourage development, transfer knowledge or provide training.
* Develop an in depth understanding of the needs of the business both current and future in order to assist in the delivery of their business plans.
* Deputise for the Data Development Manager, in their absence to ensure development progress is maintained and issues are resolved or escalated.
* Build and maintain relationships with a full range of internal stakeholders to enhance and maximise the provision of solutions.
* Actively maintain and improve standards across Data & MI for all aspects of development and delivery governance, working with the management team where appropriate.
Experience in the following WebFOCUS components:
WebFOCUS Reporting Server (Windows)
WebFOCUS Client Portal and ReportCaster
Lead developer experience e.g sharing best practice with others, knowledge share, mentoring juniors
Full development project lifecycle experience
Experience working in a fast moving project environment
Production of high quality documentation
Project planning and estimating
Microsoft Office experience
* Excellent people negotiation, influencing and communication skills
* UK Banking Experience
- Finance/Regulatory projects
- WebFOCUS Portal Management
- Knowledge of SQL
What can you expect from us?
* Flexible and remote working
* 27 days holiday, plus opportunity to buy 5 extra days
Competitive pension / income protection / life assurance
Positive, friendly work culture that promotes work life balance
Commitment from employers on continued learning & development
Wellbeing support ‘Help@Hand’ offers mental health support, physiotherapy, GP’s for both you and your family.
2 paid days for volunteering per year
‘MyReward’ corporate discount for over 800 retailers and Cycle to Work Scheme.
Family friendly policies and supportive working environment
Recognition scheme and a culture in which we celebrate success
Colleague network groups committed to inclusion and diversity within our Bank.
This role won’t be around for long, so we would advise to get your application to us as soon as possible by applying today. Unfortunately, we can only consider candidates with the right to work in the UK at this time.
Our Bank is committed to continuing to create a diverse workforce and an inclusive environment where all colleagues can fulfil their potential. We welcome applications from talented individuals from all backgrounds and lifestyles who can work with us in maintaining a culture of belonging, where people are valued and respected. If you have a disability as defined by the 2010 equality act please let us know on your application.
As a reputable employer regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, all offers of employment for this role are subject to a series of background checks, including criminal (DBS) and financial checks.
Please note we may withdraw this vacancy once sufficient applications have been reached.