University Placement Year Programme
On our University Placement year programme, you will spend a year getting vital experience working on some of our biggest projects. All our projects have specifically been designed for this programme, enabling you to explore your different interests and opportunities available to you. Each placement included in this program is designed to push you to perform at your best whilst being supported by our development programme. You’ll gain a real insight and develop your areas of negotiating and influencing skills, commercial and strategic thinking and gaining an in depth knowledge of how our bank works. If successful on the programme you’ll have the opportunity to be considered for our future Graduate Programmes.
We are looking for University Placement interns across our People, Finance and Banking leadership Programme.
University Placement Programme: Key Information
- Programme Duration: 1st July 2024 to 28th June 2025
- Industrial Placement Programmes: People, Finance and Banking Leadership.
- Salary £22,000pa
- Location: Manchester City Centre and Homeworking
- Applications open: Please note we may withdraw this vacancy once sufficient applications have been reached.
Placements will vary depending on business needs at the time as well as being tailored to the Interns areas of interest. Each placement is designed to develop your commercial and strategic thinking, negotiation and influencing skills and understanding of how our Bank works. Depending on the area of the bank you are placed within, you’ll have the opportunity to work on a number of projects such as:
- Production of weekly management information for the Bank’s Trading Committee on economic trends and data releases
- Full exposure to Bank P&L, Balance sheet and capital metrics for month end reporting
- Support modelling of the Bank’s economics assumptions used for planning purposes
- Shadowing of Financial Planning processes and engagement in forecast discussions
- Support preparation and verification of Half Year investor presentation including supporting materials for CEO/CFO
- Designing and leading on impactful people plans
- Helping to deliver organisational effectiveness and working on strategic projects
- Supporting hiring managers and candidates through the recruitment process
- Reviewing the ways we recognise and reward our colleagues
- Coaching and supporting line managers on effectively using our People, talent management, and inclusion and diversity policies.
- Reviewing how we support our customers in branches and contact centres and how we can best service their banking needs
- Reviewing how we provide and ensure day-to-day delivery of trusted data, management information (MI) and reporting
- Reviewing how we continue to make our bank a great and inclusive place to work, where everyone is able to fulfil their potential
- Sustainability projects to help us achieve our environmental, social and governance (ESG) goals
- Business operations activities that allow our bank to run effectively
- Business-critical projects in our finance and commercial teams, requiring in-depth research, analysis and collaboration with different stakeholders across the bank
Interns will have access to all the support needed. Business Sponsors will review and appraise your performance, providing feedback and coaching at every step of the way to ensure success and personal growth. We’ll also assign a buddy from our Graduate community who will provide support in building their network.
Are you made of the right stuff?
We’re looking for creative, ambitious and fast learning undergraduates who will grasp every opportunity with both hands. Ready to take on real responsibility from day one, a clear drive and enthusiasm will enable you to see projects through from start to finish. A confident communicator and commercially focused with a good head for figures, you’ll have the ability to respond to all kinds of challenge.
University Placement Year Programme: Application Process
What you’ll need
- Undergraduate in penultimate year of undergraduate study
- On track to achieve a minimum 2:1 degree in any discipline
- 5 GCSE’s (or equivalent) including Maths and English at minimum Level 4 / Grade C
Our assessment process
- Online application and screening
- Video Interview
- Verbal and Numerical Reasoning Tests
- Assessment Centre (In person, located at our HQ in Manchester)
If you have a disability as defined by the Equality Act 2010 please let us know on your application.
As a reputable employer regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, all offers of employment for this role are subject to a series of background checks, including criminal (DBS) and financial checks.