Treasury & Finance Specialist (Cash Manager)
Upto £46.4k + 27 days holiday +Benefits
Work from Home/Hybrid/Agile – Manchester City Centre Hub location.
We are the bank for people with purpose. The only bank born from the co-operative movement 150 years ago. We believe in the power of 'we' and putting values and ethics first. We are looking for talented individuals who want to make their next career move in a bank that celebrates co-operative spirit. And did we mention we are award winning? Year on year award winners for our products, our customer service and our commitment to communities.
We are looking for a commercially driven Treasury & Finance Specialist to support in delivering and managing Capital Markets transactions. This will involve the management of capital markets transactions after completion, including working with rating agencies, investment banks, , external legal advisors, auditors, internal finance, Business Leaders and Board Members. In return, you can look forward to all the responsibility and involvement of an integral role, providing you with a rewarding and fast-paced career with an excellent benefits package. So, if this is of interest to you then we would be keen to hear from you
Financial / Commercials
* Ensure bond capital and interest payments are made within critical timeframes.
Risk and process
* Maintenance of Capital Markets transactions, which involves the following tasks:
* Set up and roll over of cash flow models.
* Review and challenge of cash flows.
* Reconcile and agree payments with 2nd line risk.
* Calculate swaps, agreeing with counterparties, liaising with Treasury settlements and ensuring payments are made on due date.
* Swaps are updated on internal systems.
* Management of Pension Collateral Facilities
* Ensure external web site kept up to date with relevant docs, reports and regulatory requirements.
* Monthly management of bond system.
* Compliance with all transaction documents.
* Perform test and analysis of underlying collateral of bonds issued.
* Managing counterparty limits.
* Compliance and delivery of reporting for Bank of England requirements.
* Own and develop cash manager procedures.
* Liaising with Finance and updating cash flows for financial information.
* Maintain knowledge of regulatory and legal requirements relevant to the role.
* Regular updates to Treasury Leadership Team on any issues.
* Support and deliver a culture which improves upon the employee survey scores and is seen as a role model for the core values.
* Working with HoF Capital Markets ensuring support for the Delivery of Capital Markets objectives and obligations.
* 4 active structured finance vehicles collateralised by £2.5bn of mortgage assets
* 2 Active Pension Facilities
* £12.1bn mortgages assets used as collateral in secured funding vehicles
* £9.5bn mortgages assets used as collateral in Bank of England facilities
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
* Strong PC skills, especially EXCEL
* Ability to deliver to tight deadlines.
* Experience of covered bonds, securitisation, capital markets transactions if possible.
* Accounting background preferred but not essential
* Tenacity, lateral thinking and strong and close attention to detail.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Excellent influencing skills - ability to communicate complex technical matters to non-technical people
* Previous Financial Services experience
* Team player
What You Can Expect From Us:
- 27 days holiday at start, rising to 30 days
- Competitive pension / income protection / life assurance
- 2 paid days for volunteering per year
- Positive working environment in contemporary offices centrally located in Manchester.
- Strong career path within Financial Services
- Family friendly policies and supportive working environment
- Recognition scheme and a culture in which we celebrate success
- Colleague network groups committed to inclusion and diversity within our Bank.
Our Bank is committed to continuing to create a diverse workforce and an inclusive environment where all colleagues can fulfil their potential. We welcome applications from talented individuals from all backgrounds and lifestyles who can work with us in maintaining a culture of belonging, where people are valued and
If you require more information or this document in a different format, please contact our careers team.
Please note we may withdraw this vacancy prior to the closing date once sufficient applications have been reached.
As a reputable employer regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, all offers of employment for this role are subject to a series of background checks, including criminal (DBS) and financial checks