Test Manager x2
We are the Bank for People with Purpose
We are the bank for people with purpose. The only bank born from the co-operative movement 150 years ago. We believe in the power of 'we' and putting values and ethics first. We are looking for talented individuals who want to make their next career move in a bank that celebrates co-operative spirit. We put the customer at the heart of everything we do and wholly embrace advocates who truly connect and endorse our brand. And did we mention we are award winning? Year on year award winners for our products, our customer service and our commitment to communities. What's not to love!
To engage projects in E2E testing, providing ownership and management for all functional and non-functional testing on a project.
Ensuring testing is delivered and managed in accordance with the agreed approach, provide the IT / Project community with a clear and agreed overall project test strategy.
* To define appropriate Test Strategy and approach to meet Project requirements and design in line with Test Services governance needs
* Accountable for the management End to End Testing phases, SIT, UAT, OAT , Perf on assigned project(s)
* Provide Test Estimates OOM , IED and AED level – within agreed tolerances
* Ensure Risks raised during testing are documented, communicated and understood by stakeholders.
* Manage testing resources within assigned projects
* Ensure that Risk Based testing techniques are applied where necessary
* Ensure the Test approach on a project is agreed and adhered to.
* Ensure all testing deliverables are of a high quality by ensuring that team members adhere to the quality review cycles as detailed within the overall Test Strategy
* Ensure all test reporting and updates are accurate.
* Ensure all risks and issues are documented, managed and appropriate action taken.
* Ability to think creatively and generate innovative solutions
* Ability to communicate at all levels with the ability to effectively impact and influence decision makers.
* Ability to Influence the timescales on large and complex projects to ensure that the appropriate level of time devoted to testing to manage the quality of the delivered system
* Flexible, responding well to Business needs and those of the Project team
* Structured approach to test planning and execution
* Management of business resources during UAT execution phases where needed
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
* Broad understanding of the IT function.
* Full understanding of Test Methodologies
* Educated to minimum of degree level in a relevant discipline.
* Proven experience Test Management
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Strong interpersonal and collaborative skills.
* Proven experience of managing multiple stakeholders.
What you can expect from us
* 27 days holiday at start, rising to 30 days - option to purchase more days
* Agile working including opportunity to work from home
* Competitive pension / income protection / life assurance
* 2 paid days for volunteering per year
* Positive working environment in contemporary offices centrally located in Manchester/Skelmersdale
* Strong career path within Financial Services
* Family friendly policies and supportive working environment
* Recognition scheme and a culture in which we celebrate success
* Colleague network groups committed to inclusion and diversity within our Bank.
Our Bank is committed to continuing to create a diverse workforce and an inclusive environment where all colleagues can fulfil their potential. We welcome applications from talented individuals from all backgrounds and lifestyles who can work with us in maintaining a culture of belonging, where people are valued and respected.