Test Lead x2
Monday – Friday
Manchester City Centre Office
The Co-operative Bank are longstanding advocates of hybrid and flexible working. During the pandemic our colleagues are working from home fully supported by our bank. As we look to the future, we will continue to offer remote working in roles that allow with the opportunity to spend up 1-2 days in the office per week if desired.
Are you a Test Lead, who has excellent Testing capability are able to take ownership of the testing? You may be an experienced Test Analyst who has excellent testing capability and are ready to take the lead in your next role. Why not join the UK’s original ethical bank and take that next step up into a fast paced, forward thinking Digital Bank?
About the role:
As the Test Lead you will having knowledge of the change development life cycle, along with the ability to lead, design and co-ordinate with the business to ensure appropriate data validation, sign off and approval within our governance processes/methodologies. We are looking to speak to candidates who are proactive, curious and self-motivated to find solutions. You will be a self- starter and have the ability to work with little supervision.
As the Test Lead, you will be a member of project and/or scrum testing teams, you will be responsible for identification and subsequent definition of required testing scope, leading on SIT/UAT test phases and reporting progress to the Test Manager to ensure delivery of quality test coverage in line with Project and/or Scrum requirements.
You will be a key contributor to delivery of medium to large scale testing projects, adhering to the Bank’s values, ethics, governance and risk framework, whilst supporting delivery of Test Services improvements and maintaining a customer first mind-set.
What You Can Expect From Us:
* 27 days holiday at start, rising to 30 days
* Competitive pension / income protection / life assurance
* 2 paid days for volunteering per year
* Positive working environment in contemporary offices centrally located in Manchester
* Strong career path within Financial Services
* Family friendly policies and supportive working environment
* Recognition scheme and a culture in which we celebrate success
* Colleague network groups committed to inclusion and diversity within our Bank.
* Lead the planning, control and delivery of SIT & UAT for medium to large scale projects, or test management of small projects/changes,
* Lead the communication of complex technical/analytical information exchange and interaction regarding complex analyses and reports for SIT& UAT Test Phases with Test Managers, delivery teams, relevant business areas and (as appropriate) external customers, partners and third parties.
* Produce Phase Test Plans and Phase Test Completion Reports
* To lead the execution of the test phase through the delivery, managing test results and progress, defects and any associated problems
* To produce appropriate MI across all elements of the Test phase, planning and execution
* Maintain a good understanding of risk and control requirements relevant to the role, ensuring compliance and that due regard is paid to the interests of customers and that they are treated fairly, including managing risks and issues as they arise, collaborating with senior business or technical roles as required to resolve them
What we would like you to have?
* Excellent written and verbal and written communication skills.
* Excellent planning and organisational skills
* Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
* Ability to effectively manage test risks and issues at project level
* Good consulting and influencing skills, including presentation skills
* Ability to identify key stakeholders and experience of stakeholder management
* Has in depth experience of functional testing services on multiple applications and environments.
* Broad understanding of IT and Business functions
* Full understanding of Test Methodologies
* Educated to minimum of degree level in a relevant discipline.
* Proven experience as a Test Lead, preferably within financial services
* ISEB accredited and or ISTQB
* Experience of Cloud would be advantageous.
Our Bank is committed to continuing to create a diverse workforce and an inclusive environment where all colleagues can fulfil their potential. We welcome applications from talented individuals from all backgrounds and lifestyles who can work with us in maintaining a culture of belonging, where people are valued and respected.
If you require more information or this document in a different format, please contact
As a reputable employer regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, all offers of employment for this role are subject to a series of background checks, including criminal (DBS) and financial checks.
Please note: we are able to close this role at any point should a successful candidate be identified.
As a Disability Confident employer, we commit to interviewing all disabled* applicants that meet the minimum knowledge, skills & experience for the role. If you meet this criteria please advise on your application.
*As defined in The Equality Act 2010*. By ‘minimum criteria’ we mean you should provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required and have the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential to perform the role.