35 hours full time
Monday – Friday
The Co-operative Bank are longstanding advocates of hybrid and flexible working. During the pandemic our colleagues are working from home fully supported by our bank. As we look to the future, we will continue to offer remote working in roles that allow with the opportunity to spend up 1-2 days in the office per week if desired.
We are looking for a proactive and solutions focused Teradata Developer to champion the use of Teradata across our bank. This role is a fantastic opportunity to have a huge input into the unpicking and understanding of our current structures, providing solutions insight and support. You will support the delivery of appropriate solutions in order to drive and improve business performance within our award winning, ethically lead bank. If you can bring a credible background in Teradata with experience of FSCS, FSDM, regression testing or modelling, we are offering a brilliant opportunity to showcase your subject matter expertise in a flexible and supportive environment.
What can you expect from us?
* A chance to learn from a highly successful team
* Clear routes to progression with investment in your training and development
* Home working and flexible working opportunities
* 27 days holiday at start, increasing to 30 days plus 8 bank holidays
* Variety of colleague benefits including discount scheme, competitive pension up to 10% employer contribution / life assurance, volunteering day, recognition scheme
* Annual bonus scheme
* Family friendly policies and supportive working environment
* Colleague network groups committed to inclusion and diversity within our Bank.
* Design solutions in accordance with standard Teradata design principles and conventions.
* Identifying new opportunities and accurately analysing and estimating new developments, quickly assessing feasibility.
* FSDM Model development and maintenance.
* Problem solving issues that arise in day-to-day run, providing timely responses and solutions as required.
* Communicating with third parties regarding software related issues, suggested improvements and participating with other users in the recognised development bodies and communities.
* Working within project planning constraints, communicating any identified project risks and issues to the delivery/project manager accordingly and providing inputs to the change control process.
* Creating and documenting test procedures and scenarios for the pre SIT and UAT phases.
* Understanding of data warehousing, used to working with any analytical tools.
* Experience of FSDM model development, testing and regression testing.
* Self-driven, working to pressurized timelines and used to analysing issues.
* Experience of development and testing solutions in Teradata and the associated systems, adhering to a structured and documented methodology.
* Understanding of Teradata systems and their integration with other technologies and systems.
* The ability to understand technical code and processes both as a workflow diagram and to conceptualise it as a solution.
* Willingness and ability to blend business analysis with hands on configuration of code in the banks Teradata platforms.
Our Bank is committed to continuing to create a diverse workforce and an inclusive environment where all colleagues can fulfil their potential. We welcome applications from talented individuals from all backgrounds and lifestyles who can work with us in maintaining a culture of belonging, where people are valued and respected.
If you require more information or this document in a different format, please contact our careers team.
Please note we may withdraw this vacancy prior to the closing date once sufficient applications have been reached.
As a reputable employer regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, all offers of employment for this role are subject to a series of background checks, including criminal (DBS) and financial checks.