Technical Service Owner
Location: Remote / Option to work from Manchester office
Salary, Up to £52,200pa
35hrs per week
A career that makes a difference
Formed in 1872 in Victorian Rochdale, our bank is built on co-operative values that stand strong today. A lot has happened in 150 years, we don’t just help people with their money, but help people fight for justice and the causes they care about. Our unique customer-led Ethical Policy, has made us a natural leader in environmental and social issues today, resulting in the bank being rated as the UK’s best Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) rated high street bank by leading ESG ratings agency Sustainalytics.
With a desire to challenge the status quo, and with community in our DNA, we remain committed to our co-operative heritage and values in all that we do and provide a real ethical banking alternative.
There has never been a more pressing time for our bank to focus our efforts on causes that matter to our customers and colleagues. So why not join the UK’s original ethical bank in our values and ethics as we continue our ambitions to lead the industry on environmental and social issues in 2023 and beyond.
As a Technical Service Owner, you’ll be focused on coordinating the support of SaaS solutions by working with external suppliers and internal business/support teams. You’ll get involved in liaising with key stakeholders to provide proactive updates on performance and respond to issues to maintain service stability to meet the needs of the Bank. You’ll also provide support in the management and resolution of incidents, change and problem activities as well as act as the point of contact across multiple tech teams, to ensure issues are allocated to the correct internal Bank resolver group.
- Establish and maintain the relationship between SaaS solutions and Bank
- Coordinate the effort across multiple source systems within the Bank where there may be data or connectivity issues preventing SaaS solutions from performing
- Ensure all incidents raised at the service desk are routed to the correct area of the Bank and continue to track through to resolution
- Triage and manage the resolution of incidents and problem records, such as any instances of missing data, MI files being overwritten or duplicated information
- Overseeing the incident relationship with the supplier, helping to facilitate planned changes to ensure they follow Bank processes, and ensuring any test & pre-production environments are fit for purpose
- Document learnings from incidents to log with Service Desk to allow improved incident resolution in future
- Validate RFCs / raise change requests & ensure correct and timely admin in place
- Manage / coordinate the process for the SSO Contingency Plan, which includes the switch over of users to basic authentication access to SaaS, and the regress back to SSO access
- Assist with the resolution of Severity 1 incidents (e.g. SaaS system down)
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
- Have experience of working with SaaS / Cloud solutions, communicating with multiple teams to deliver task resolution
- A good understanding of IT Service Management to an industry standard level
- Commercial/supplier management experience
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills, with experience of effective relationship-building and ability to present and communicate written and verbal communications with internal and external stakeholders at all levels
- Strong stakeholder management and influencing skills
- Ability to prioritise and deliver in a high-pressure environment whilst working in a team-orientated and collaborative manner
- Ability to work with a diverse range of people and cultures
- Understanding of the financial services industry and the regulatory and legislative environment
- Highly organised with proven planning skills and time management
- Self-motivated, with the ability to manage own workload and negotiate priorities
- Solution and delivery focussed
What You Can Expect From Us:
- Flexible and remote working
- 27 days holiday, plus opportunity to buy 5 extra days
- Competitive pension / income protection / life assurance
- Positive, friendly work culture that promotes work life balance
- Commitment from employers on continued learning & development
- Wellbeing support ‘Help@Hand’ offers mental health support, physiotherapy, GP’s for both you and your family
- 2 paid days for volunteering per year
- ‘MyReward’ corporate discount for over 800 retailers and Cycle to Work Scheme
- Family friendly policies and supportive working environment
- Recognition scheme and a culture in which we celebrate success
- Colleague network groups committed to inclusion and diversity within our Bank
Our Bank is committed to continuing to create a diverse workforce and an inclusive environment where all colleagues can fulfil their potential. We welcome applications from talented individuals from all backgrounds and lifestyles who can work with us in maintaining a culture of belonging, where people are valued and respected.
If you require more information or this document in a different format, please contact email@example.com
As a reputable employer regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, all offers of employment for this role are subject to a series of background checks, including criminal (DBS) and financial checks.