Graduate role in Tax / Finance – Level 7 Apprenticeship
Salary up to £25,000
Monday - Friday 35 hours
Combination of remote working and Manchester City Centre
Why apply for this role?
We are looking for a Graduate to join our Taxation team of five tax specialists who are responsible for managing the tax affairs of the UK’s original ethical bank.
This is an ideal role for someone looking to start a career in taxation, with the opportunity to work towards becoming a Chartered Accountant / Chartered Tax Adviser through a Level 7 apprenticeship scheme.
As Tax Graduate, you will play a key role in tax compliance processes across all the taxes applicable to the Bank, including corporation tax and VAT. This role will allow you to develop both tax technical and tax accounting skills and provide experience of finance systems.
This is an exciting time to join us on our bank’s journey as it returns to profitability and we consider the impact of this for tax purposes.
This role offers hybrid working which will be largely home based but with regular onsite collaboration meetings.
To apply for this role please submit a short paragraph on why you would like to start a career in taxation and why do you want to work for The Co-operative Bank
Why work for us?
* Our ethical stance and concern for our customers underpin all that we do
* We are officially rated as the UK’s best Environmental, Social and Governance high street bank
* You will be a key part of our journey to become the UK’s best digital bank
* Our colleague bonus scheme
* Up to 10% employer contributory pension
* Flexibility, including working from home
* 27 days holiday, excluding Bank holidays, increasing to 30 days
* Colleague benefits including discount scheme, life assurance, paid volunteering days, recognition scheme
* Family friendly policies and supportive working environment
* Colleague network groups committed to inclusion and diversity
What will you do?
* Work across different areas of tax (including corporation tax and VAT) within a strong expert team, ensuring that tax returns are accurately prepared
* Data extraction and manipulation
* Help ensure that the bank is compliant with relevant tax legislation
* Work cooperatively with colleagues across the bank to both obtain information and provide advice
* Develop your technical knowledge via on the job learning and professional study
* Play an active role in the wider tax risk management framework
What would we like from you?
* Good academic record up to and including degree level (Minimum requirements: 2.1 degree in any subject; 104 UCAS points; Grade B in both Maths and English Language). Please provide full details of exam grades in the application.
* Excellent numerical and analytical skills with a logical approach to working and a keen attention to detail
* Ability to work collaboratively with a diverse range of people and cultures, building relationships across the business
* Ability to manage competing priorities, work accurately and deliver to deadlines
* A fully flexible approach to cross team working
* Ability to work with a diverse range of people and cultures
* Excellent planning and organisational skills, management of deadlines and priorities
* Strong communication skills, both in writing and in person
We can only consider candidates with the right to work in the UK at this time. Our Bank is committed to continuing to create a diverse workforce and an inclusive environment where all colleagues can fulfil their potential. If you have a disability as defined by the 2010 Equality Act please let us know on your application. If you require this document in a different format please contact our careers team.
As a reputable employer regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, all offers of employment for this role are subject to a series of background checks, including criminal (DBS) and financial checks.
Please note we may withdraw this vacancy once sufficient suitable applications have been received.