Summer Internship Programme 2024
On our Summer Internship programme, you will spend eight weeks working in a stretching and stimulating role, pushing you to perform at your best supported by our development programme. You’ll gain a real insight into what it’s like to work in our business and have the opportunity to learn from our people whilst working on real business challenges. We hope that by taking part in the programme, you will leave University with a sense of independence and confidence that will provide a real edge in the graduate marketplace. Plus, if successful on the programme you’ll have the opportunity to be considered for our future Graduate Programmes.
We are looking for Summer Interns across two areas within the bank: Finance and Product.
Summer Internship Programme: Key Information
- Programme Duration: 1st July to 23rd August 2024
- Summer Internship Programmes: Finance and Product
- Salary £22,000 (pro rata)
- Location: Manchester City Centre and Homeworking
- Applications open: Please note we may withdraw this vacancy once sufficient applications have been reached.
Placements will vary depending on business needs at the time as well as being tailored to the Interns areas of interest. Each placement is designed to develop your commercial and strategic thinking, negotiation and influencing skills and understanding of how our Bank works. Depending on the area of the bank you are placed within, you’ll have the opportunity to work on a number of projects such as:
- Production of weekly management information for the Bank’s Trading Committee on economic trends and data releases
- Full exposure to Bank P&L, Balance sheet and capital metrics for month end reporting
- Support modelling of the Bank’s economics assumptions used for planning purposes
- Shadowing of Financial Planning processes and engagement in forecast discussions
- Support preparation and verification of Half Year investor presentation including supporting materials for CEO/CFO
- Shadowing and supporting our Product Managers to explore how the Bank designs and develops it’s products
- Supporting our pricing teams with product changes that will increase their appeal and drive income
- Consult with our pricing teams to develop your understanding on how the Bank delivers product changes that will increase their appeal and drive income
- Engage with wider business teams to support the development of product processes and journeys to make it easier and simpler for customers to interact with the Bank
Interns will have access to all the support needed. Business Sponsors will review and appraise your performance, providing feedback and coaching at every step of the way to ensure success and personal growth. We’ll also assign a buddy from our Graduate community who will provide support in building their network.
Are you made of the right stuff?
We’re looking for creative, ambitious and fast learning undergraduates who will grasp every opportunity with both hands. Ready to take on real responsibility from day one, a clear drive and enthusiasm will enable you to see projects through from start to finish. A confident communicator and commercially focused with a good head for figures, you’ll have the ability to respond to all kinds of challenge.
Summer Internship Programme: Application Process
What you’ll need
* Undergraduate in penultimate year of study or below
* On track to achieve a minimum 2:1 degree in any discipline
* 5 GCSE’s (or equivalent) including Maths and English at minimum Level 4 / Grade C
Our assessment process
- Online application and screening
- Video Interview
- Verbal and Numerical Reasoning Tests
- Assessment Centre (In person, located at our HQ in Manchester)
If you have a disability as defined by the Equality Act 2010 please let us know on your application.
As a reputable employer regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, all offers of employment for this role are subject to a series of background checks, including criminal (DBS) and financial checks.