Role: SME Team Leader
Hours: Full-Time - 35 hours
To lead, plan, develop, motivate, organise and control the activities and resources of a team to deliver customer satisfaction and operational objectives, building effective capability in the team to ensure delivery of the Contact Centre scorecard whilst continually maintaining all quality, regulatory and procedural standards.
- Lead, develop, coach and motivate colleagues as People with Purpose to ensure they are aware of and capable of delivering their responsibilities and to ensure the creation and maintenance of a high performance culture and a Customer First ethos focused on delivering to customer needs.
- Plan, organise, oversee and monitor team activities against scorecard objectives, standards and service levels, agreeing and taking actions to improve capability and performance, so that the team achieves its maximum potential.
- Lead the effective delivery customer transactions including complaint handling, across all team members whilst ensuring adherence to all regulatory requirements.
- Resolve customer complaints and queries escalated from team members, only further escalating critical problems as appropriate identifying and highlighting trends / emerging issues to enable their early resolution.
- Develop team understanding of business plans, and current performance, to enable them to contribute effectively to delivering to customer needs and to the performance and continuous improvement of the business.
- Lead the rapid identification, analysis, resolution and implementation of operational problems to ensure the minimum interruption to the customer and area presenting conclusions and recommendations for improvements to more senior leaders.
- Participate in the development, and maintenance of procedures, systems and processes to support the effective delivery of operational activities, and manage the effective implementation of any changes and developments into the work of the team.
- Participate in, or lead as appropriate, projects, ensuring responsibilities as part of the project team are delivered to plan.
- Provide support as required to other teams and Team Leaders to facilitate the effective delivery of operational activities and the swift resolution of problems and issues.
- Maintain knowledge of regulatory and legal requirements relevant to the role. Support and promote compliance with those requirements within the role and the business.
- Carry out all required people management activities, including effectively implementing performance management processes to enable colleagues to maximise their performance and address individual performance issues to ensure the smooth functioning of the team.
- Participate in recruitment activities for the area, including making decisions on individuals to ensure the area possesses sufficient colleagues of the required capability to deliver its responsibilities.
- Embed a culture focused on the quality of customer outcomes
- Delivery of enhanced risk management activity which ensures that customer facing activities are driving reduced customer detriment and improved customer outcomes.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the risks within the activity undertaken in the area and the controls that operate to mitigate those risks.
- Support and drive the transformation and cost agenda through initiatives such as channel migration, clear and simple and one and done.
Knowledge, skills and experience required:
- Proven capability of leading, developing and motivating an operational team
- Ability to deliver results through others
- Ability to work in a highly challenging environment whilst maintaining the customer at the forefront of all activities
- Knowledge of industry developments in contact centre operations and channel migration
- Excellent presentation skills
- Track record of improving customer and colleague experiences
- Knowledge of the Core Bank agenda and the Distribution plan
- Good stakeholder management skills, has the ability to communicate with all levels across the organisation
- Good planning and organisation skills
- Flexible and agile to meet changing customer and business demands
This role won’t be around for long, so we would advise to get your application to us as soon as possible by applying today.
Should you require any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process, please let our careers team know.
Our Bank is committed to continuing to create a diverse workforce and an inclusive environment where all colleagues can fulfil their potential.
We welcome applications from talented individuals from all backgrounds and lifestyles who can work with us in maintaining a culture of belonging, where people are valued and respected.
Please note we may withdraw this vacancy once sufficient applications have been reached.