Service Readiness Lead (Design and Transition)
Location: Manchester / Working from home
Salary: £34,000 - £43,000
35 hours, full time
Role Details :
In the role of Service Readiness Lead you will be responsible for leading the service design and transition activity on assigned projects relating to the product vertical and to act as the ‘gatekeeper’ in the transition of new or changed service into live to minimise risk to ensure projects deliver operational services for the Co-operative Bank.
You will be required to interpret business requirements and lead service design assessing the impact on IT services and support the introduction of changes to IT services, which follows established processes and minimises risk of change to service availability/quality.
- Responsibility for performing Service Design & Transition activities for a Portfolio of projects, in line with business demand and growth across the Co-operative Bank
- Represent operational stakeholders throughout the agreed project lifecycle, ensuring that their required acceptance criteria for live is understood and evidenced.
- Drive the service aspects of design and transition throughout the IT project lifecycle, including warranty.
- Supporting operational stakeholders with activity on assigned projects to ensure that new and changed IT services are operable, supportable and maintainable.
- Communicating the Service Design & Transition and Change & Release process to all stakeholders.
- Managing the production and governance of service design and transition outputs, including MI, process documentation and communication packs.
- Manage Change Review Boards and ensure changes are fit for presentation at Bank IT CAB for go-live and warranty exit events.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
- Experienced in defining and managing the transition of new or changed IT Services into BAU
- Experienced in engaging relevant stakeholders to define Service Design and Transition Documentation
- Effective and efficient workload management
- Specialist/expert capabilities and knowledge in ITIL practices / processes
- Excellent planning and organisational skills. Ability to create plans of key milestones and dependencies
- PRINCE2/equivalent qualification and/or Project Management experience is desirable
- Risk and Impact Analysis – Identify and work with targets, dependencies and constraints
- Extensive understanding of Bank risk management frameworks
- Sound financial management and commercial skills
- Good influencing and negotiation skills
- Experience in establishing and maintaining interfaces with a wide range of suppliers/partners
- Able to assess the potential service impact of emerging developments and technologies and apply them to products and processes
- Understanding of IT approach to testing IT infrastructure and Applications
- Ability to see the big picture, analyse complex delivery schedules and evaluate ways to meet expectations; including alignment to Business Change Management and the Release Pipeline
- Understanding the downstream impact of change and release over an extremely complex IT technical estate
- Experience in working in the financial services or other regulated sector desirable.
What You Can Expect From Us:
- 27 days holiday at start, rising to 30 days
- Competitive pension / income protection / life assurance
- 2 paid days for volunteering per year
- Positive working environment in contemporary offices centrally located in Manchester.
- Strong career path within Financial Services
- Family friendly policies and supportive working environment
- Recognition scheme and a culture in which we celebrate success
- Colleague network groups committed to inclusion and diversity within our Bank.
Our Bank is committed to continuing to create a diverse workforce and an inclusive environment where all colleagues can fulfil their potential. We welcome applications from talented individuals from all backgrounds and lifestyles who can work with us in maintaining a culture of belonging, where people are valued and respect
As a reputable employer regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, all offers of employment for this role are subject to a series of background checks, including criminal (DBS) and financial checks.