Service & Supplier Manager
35hrs per week
The Co-operative Bank has been rooted in distinctive co-operative values and ethics, underpinning how we run our business and providing customers with a real ethical alternative for 150 years. 2022 marked our 150th anniversary of ethical banking, we remain committed to our co-operative heritage, and values in all that we do. It is our unwavering commitment to these values and our unique customer-led Ethical Policy, which has made us a natural leader in environmental and social issues today, resulting in the bank being rated as the UK’s best Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) rated high street bank by leading ESG ratings agency Sustainalytics.
We have pioneered the banking industry on ethical issues for 150 years, but we know there is more to do. There has never been a more pressing time for our bank to focus our efforts on causes that matter to our customers and colleagues. So why not join the UK’s original ethical bank in our values, ethics as we continue our ambitions to lead the industry on environmental and social issues in 2023 and beyond.
We are longstanding advocates of hybrid and flexible working and offer remote working in roles that allow, with the opportunity to spend 1-2 days in the office where desired
As a Service and Supplier Manager you’ll;
- Provide clear operational ownership and responsibility for the end to end business services provided by IT to the Bank Business units.
- Manage the IT Service Providers - Develop and maintain strong working relationships
- Conduct regular reviews of contract service performance through the contracted Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and work with both internal and external stakeholders and in-scope service providers to deliver operational efficiencies
- Lead Supplier Governance and Continual Improvement meetings to deliver service and identify efficiencies
- Point of contact into IT for Service and subject matter expert for service within the portfolio.
- Define, agree and implement supplier performance criteria
- Liaise with key stakeholders internal/external to provide proactive updates on performance and respond to issues to maintain service stability to meet the needs of the Bank.
- Provide support in the establishment and management of third party suppliers across the portfolio including day-to-day operational relationships, supporting and providing input into governance reviews and managing the costs associated with the supplier and the service. Work with 3rd party suppliers and business stakeholders to drive service improvements across the portfolio to deliver customer and colleague enhancements, cost reduction and simplification.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required
- Strong commercial/supplier management experience including budgets, service agreements and service performance
- Excellent knowledge of supplier management principles and best practice.
- Working in a complex/multiple-vendor outsourced environment
- Understanding of standard contractual terms and conditions to mitigate legal and commercial risk.
- Good understanding of cost management best practices
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills, with proven experience of effective relationship-building and ability to present and communicate written and verbal communications with internal and external stakeholders at all levels.
- Strong stakeholder management and influencing skills
- Ability to prioritise and deliver in a high-pressure environment whilst working in a team-orientated and collaborative manner.
- Ability to work with a diverse range of people and cultures
- Experience of preparing the supporting material for regular service performance reviews with IT Service Integrators / Providers on a monthly basis.
- Examples of delivering continual service improvements in efficiency and effectiveness in line with industry best practice.
- Understanding of the financial services industry and the regulatory and legislative environment.
What You Can Expect From Us:
- Flexible and remote working
- 27 days holiday, plus opportunity to buy 5 extra days
- Competitive pension / income protection / life assurance
- Positive, friendly work culture that promotes work life balance
- Commitment from employers on continued learning & development
- Wellbeing support ‘Help@Hand’ offers mental health support, physiotherapy, GP’s for both you and your family.
- 2 paid days for volunteering per year
- ‘MyReward’ corporate discount for over 800 retailers and Cycle to Work Scheme.
- Family friendly policies and supportive working environment
- Recognition scheme and a culture in which we celebrate success
- Colleague network groups committed to inclusion and diversity within our Bank.
Our Bank is committed to continuing to create a diverse workforce and an inclusive environment where all colleagues can fulfil their potential. We welcome applications from talented individuals from all backgrounds and lifestyles who can work with us in maintaining a culture of belonging, where people are valued and respected.
As a reputable employer regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, all offers of employment for this role are subject to a series of background checks, including criminal (DBS) and financial checks.