Senior Software Engineer – iOS Mobile
Manchester City Centre
We are the bank for people with purpose. The only bank born from the co-operative movement 145 years ago. We believe in the power of 'we' and putting values and ethics first. We are looking for talented individuals who want to make their next career move in a bank that celebrates co-operative spirit. And did we mention we are award winning? Year on year award winners for our products, our customer service and our commitment to communities. What's not to love!
About the role: We are looking for a strong mobile software engineer that can help drive our technology choices and direction. We want an enthusiastic Agile advocate with a passion for learning who is equally happy hands-on with code or mentoring junior team members.
As a Mobile Software Engineer at the Co-operative Bank, you will be working within our Digital scrum teams with a responsibility for innovation and building our mobile apps, on-line banking services and our websites.
You will be building industry leading mobile apps that provides our customers with the services they need from the palm of their hand. With a consistent customer focus, you will help evolve our mobile apps to meet customer’s needs and adapt to industry changes.
We are on an exciting journey to become the best ethical, digital bank in the UK and you could be part of the team that makes that happen!
- Migration of existing mobile applications from legacy platforms over to iOS/Android native
- Delivering high quality solutions, focused on helping clients achieve their goals
- Collaborating on design and UX to deliver usable, accessible and visually impactful results
- Participating in briefing sessions, contributing to writing technical specifications and estimates
- Supporting existing clients with front-end fixes, upgrades and improvements
- Contributing to the ongoing improvements and refinements of our working practices including new technologies and delivery methodologies
- Contribute to sprint demos, retrospectives and planning meetings. Communicate your technical approach at an appropriate level, for mixed audiences
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
- Experienced iOS mobile application developer working with digital solutions for mobile, tablet and web
- Strong experience with Swift
- Experience mentoring and developing junior colleagues
- Experience with Android, React Native, Objective C development is beneficial
- Confident knowledge about industry best practice libraries
- Understanding of OOP/POP principles, SOLID, clean code, design patterns and iOS
- Experience writing tests, testable code and working with test frameworks
- Good understand of security standards and best practice
- Experienced in software development life cycle releases
- Skills in managing multiple projects at once and adapting to changing priorities
What You Can Expect From Us:
- 27 days holiday at start, rising to 30 days
- Agile working including opportunity to work from home
- Competitive pension / income protection / life assurance
- 2 paid days for volunteering per year
- Positive working environment in contemporary offices centrally located in Manchester
- Strong career path within Financial Services
- Family friendly policies and supportive working environment
- Recognition scheme and a culture in which we celebrate success
- Colleague network groups committed to inclusion and diversity within our Bank.
Our Bank is committed to continuing to create a diverse workforce and an inclusive environment where all colleagues can fulfil their potential. We welcome applications from talented individuals from all backgrounds and lifestyles who can work with us in maintaining a culture of belonging, where people are valued and respected.
If you require more information or this document in a different format, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
As a reputable employer regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, all offers of employment for this role are subject to a series of background checks, including criminal (DBS) and financial checks.