Manchester Balloon Street / Remote
35 hours per week, full time
Hiring Manager: Kole Ogunjobi
We are the bank for people with purpose. The only bank born from the co-operative movement 145 years ago. We believe in the power of 'we' and putting values and ethics first. We are looking for talented individuals who want to make their next career move in a bank that celebrates co-operative spirit. We put the customer at the heart of everything we do and wholly embrace advocates who truly connect and endorse our brand. And did we mention we are award winning? Year on year award winners for our products, our customer service and our commitment to communities. What's not to love!
About the role:
As an SEO Specialist, you will create and implement strategies for increasing The Bank’s organic performance. You will be targeted with increasing organic visibility, which in turn benefits customer acquisition and retention. You will also be responsible for creating strategies for defined business areas, creating requirements to be implemented and making recommendations to stakeholders.
* Support the development and delivery of organic search strategies for the business’ websites as set out by the SEO lead.
* Work with the wider business to ensure plans are aligned with the overall strategy and SEO has been considered at every step.
* Manage the relationship with core teams that support SEO implementation, including UX (designers and copywriters), tech/development scrum teams, and analytics.
* Oversee the process that will conduct regular technical and content audits; identifying opportunities for continuous improvement of our organic performance.
* Monitoring site health and performance and generating detailed reports.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
* Strong experience of devising and delivering SEO strategies for large organisations and multiple stakeholders
* Knowledge and experience of the key SEO industry tools, data analysis tools, the ability to interpret the information that they provide and devise strategies from them.
* Ability to conduct keyword research and use it to devise content strategies
* Ability to conduct technical and contextual SEO audits
* Understanding and interpretation of data from search and analytical tools (i.e. Google Search Console, Adobe Analytics, SEM Rush, Searchmetrics, etc.)
* Use of data to devise and execute an SEO strategy
* Knowledge and experience of other digital marketing channels
* Experience in coaching the development of SEO techniques
* Experience of using multiple Content Management Systems
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Strong spelling, grammar and attention to detail
* Strength and confidence in delivering presentations
* Urgency for continuous development
* An understanding of UX methodologies (desirable)
* Stakeholder management within a large organisation (desirable)
Our Bank is committed to continuing to create a diverse workforce and an inclusive environment where all colleagues can fulfil their potential. We welcome applications from talented individuals from all backgrounds and lifestyles who can work with us in maintaining a culture of belonging, where people are valued and respected.
If you require more information or this document in a different format, please contact our careers team
Please note we may withdraw this vacancy prior to the closing date once sufficient applications have been reached.
As a reputable employer regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, all offers of employment for this role are subject to a series of background checks, including criminal (DBS) and financial checks.