Senior Product Manager (Liabilities)
Permanent - Monday – Friday
Remote or Manchester City Centre
The Co-operative Bank are longstanding advocates of hybrid and flexible working. During the pandemic our colleagues are working from home fully supported by our bank. As we look to the future, we will continue to offer remote working in roles that allow with the opportunity to spend up to 1-2 days in the office per week if desired.
2022 is an exciting time to join The Co-operative Bank on our journey of growth within the Business Banking market. This role will see you lead the management of our transactional business banking (SME) products. You will lead on the strategy and action plans for the ongoing management and improvement of the Bank’s SME liability products (Current Accounts, Savings Accounts and Payment Services). You’ll be responsible for leading initiatives to improve customer experience, manage relationships with our key third party partners and drive the commercial performance of our existing product set. To be successful in this role you will need to have a continuous improvement mind-set, commercial focus and experience of managing banking product sets and supplier relations. The right candidate can expect the opportunity to further their career within a supportive and high-performing team.
What will you need?
* Good knowledge of the UK Financial Services marketplace, including SME banking and UK banking regulation
* Experience of managing the design and/or delivery of financial products and products or services related to payments
* Track record in core product management skills including:
- Customer needs identification
- Product design
- Problem solving
- Risk management and risk based decision making
- Leading cross-functional project teams
- Development and implementation of product strategies
- Development and implementation of delivery plans
* Excellent communications / influencing skills, including proven experience of stakeholder management to a senior management level
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Skilled at working effectively with cross functional teams
* Confident decision making skills
* Proven leadership capability
* Proven presentation skills, both written and verbal
What can you expect from us?
* Autonomy and the chance to make the role your own
* Exposure to our senior stakeholders
* Clear routes to progression with investment in your training and development
* Flexible work from home opportunities
* 27 days holiday at start, increasing to 30 days
* Variety of colleague benefits including discount scheme, competitive pension up to 10% / life assurance, volunteering day, recognition scheme
* Family friendly policies and supportive working environment
* Colleague network groups committed to inclusion and diversity within our Bank.
Our Bank is committed to continuing to create a diverse workforce and an inclusive environment where all colleagues can fulfil their potential. We welcome applications from talented individuals from all backgrounds and lifestyles who can work with us in maintaining a culture of belonging, where people are valued and respected.
If you require more information or this document in a different format, please contact our careers team. Please note we may withdraw this vacancy prior to the closing date once sufficient applications have been reached.
We may only accept applications from candidates with the right to work in the UK.
As a reputable employer regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, all offers of employment for this role are subject to a series of background checks, including criminal (DBS) and financial checks.