Senior Pricing Analyst
Home working / Manchester city centre head office
Want to change the world? A career that makes a difference
We’re not a bank that follows the crowd. Instead, we like to stand out for all the right reasons. Our bank is built on co-operative values that stand strong today. A lot has happened in 150 years, we don’t just help people with their money, but help people fight for justice and the causes they care about. Our unique customer-led Ethical Policy, has made us a natural leader in environmental and social issues today, and we’re market leaders in ESG as rated by leading ESG ratings agency Sustainalytics*.
There has never been a more pressing time for our Bank to focus our efforts on causes that matter to our customers and colleagues. Why not see where you can make a change, and join the UK’s original ethical bank to continue our ambitions to lead the industry on environmental and social issues in 2024 and beyond.
This role is predominantly home working, with the expectation to attend our Manchester based head office once per month.
A great opportunity to join a high performing and growing team as our Senior Pricing Analyst where you will produce pricing recommendations and supporting analysis for all Retail banking products. You will collaborate and provide support to the Retail Product Managers in their delivery of commercial objectives, optimising pricing to acquire new customers and build relationships with existing customers. Work together with our Performance and Forecasting teams in the development of the annual strategic plan.
* Define and own the end to end customer experience including customer attraction, application, service, usage, customer need changes, key customer help requests, customer interventions, retention strategies and closures.
* Deliver analysis that supports pricing and rate changes in the business.
* Provide analytics to support risk appetite tracking, forecasting, plan performance management and funding requirements.
* Support delivery of opportunities and develop changes to pricing and propositions to influence balance movement and product mix.
* Provide technical support to help develop balance growth plans, building on the Banks brand positioning through its Values and Ethics.
* Support a customer-centric culture which inspires and motivates colleagues across Retail Products.
* Set clear objectives aligned to the Bank’s scorecard.
* Focus on self-development via stretching objectives, effective PDPs and regular 121s.
Financial / Commercials
* Produce and continuously develop all Retail Product, Competitor and Customer analytical /MI requirements.
* Support the development and delivery of pricing elasticity and propensity models that result in the delivery of optimal pricing recommendations for the Deposits, Secured and Unsecured lending portfolio.
* Support the ongoing maintenance and development of Retail Product Pricing Models working collaboratively with Product areas, Treasury, Risk and Finance.
Risk and process
* Working with Risk and Compliance, ensure compliance with risk appetite and ensure appropriate governance is followed for all decision-making.
* Embed governance and build control frameworks for all EUCs and models, with all processes fully documented and any associated risks mitigated where possible.
* Maintaining knowledge of and adherence to relevant regulatory guidelines.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
* Makes decisions in relation to support provided and services carried out within company guidelines and broader procedures with substantial freedom in recommending the best approach to deliver required outcomes.
* Prioritises own workload within context of agreed operating plan.
* Good knowledge of the UK Financial Services market place, Banking products and categories (product strategies, pricing, analytics, competitor activity, market developments and trends).
* Finance qualification is preferable, but not essential.
* Understanding of critical category value drivers and commercial outcomes.
* Track record in planning, forecasting and financial interpretation skills.
* Proven track record in stakeholder management.
* Strong communications / Influencing skills evidenced through a number of techniques.
* Technical expertise in analytical tools and techniques.
What You Can Expect From Us:
* Flexible and home working options
* 27 days holiday rising to 30 with service, plus opportunity to buy 5 extra days
- Competitive pension with up to 10% employer contribution
- Income protection / life assurance
* Commitment from employers on continued learning & development
* Wellbeing support ‘Help@Hand’ offers mental health support, physiotherapy, GP’s for both you and your family.
- 2 paid days for volunteering per year
- ‘MyReward’ corporate discount for over 800 retailers and Cycle to Work Scheme.
- Family friendly policies and supportive working environment
- Colleague network groups committed to inclusion and diversity within our Bank.
We can only consider candidates with the right to work in the UK at this time.
Our Bank is committed to continuing to create a diverse workforce and an inclusive environment where all colleagues can fulfil their potential. We welcome applications from talented individuals from all backgrounds and lifestyles who can work with us in maintaining a culture of belonging, where people are valued and respected.
If your application is selected for recruitment, we will ask if you require any reasonable adjustments in order to proceed to an interview with us. If you require more information or this document in a different format, please contact email@example.com
As a reputable employer regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, all offers of employment for this role are subject to a series of background checks, including criminal (DBS) and financial checks.
*Rated by Morningstar Sustainalytics in the Regional Banks sub-industry with a score of 8.5 as of 9 October 2023.