Senior DevOps Engineer
Remote with adhoc travel to Manchester
35 hours per week, full time
Salary: Up to 60k
Do you have a desire to develop your knowledge within DevOps?
If you have Kubernetes expertise then this permanent opportunity might be the one for you!
Want to change the world? A career that makes a difference
We’re not a bank that follows the crowd. Instead, we like to stand out for all the right reasons. Our bank is built on co-operative values that stand strong today. A lot has happened in 150 years, we don’t just help people with their money, but help people fight for justice and the causes they care about. Our unique customer-led Ethical Policy, has made us a natural leader in environmental and social issues today, and we’re market leaders in ESG as rated by leading ESG ratings agency Sustainalytics*.
There has never been a more pressing time for our Bank to focus our efforts on causes that matter to our customers and colleagues. Why not see where you can make a change, and join the UK’s original ethical bank to continue our ambitions to lead the industry on environmental and social issues in 2023 and beyond.
Our Release and Availability team are responsible for developing our route to live systems, building & maintaining environments, and ensuring the operability of the services we offer. You’ll get the opportunity help embed and foster a culture of DevOps across the business and teams you interact with including Architecture, Software Development and many others!
As a DevOps Engineer you will play a part in establishing of the DevOps culture across the bank, working with build and run teams to innovate the provision of delivery services. Working in an Agile software delivery lifecycle, provision and support environments, monitoring systems and support the resolution of incidents. You will take an active role in promoting the principles of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery for both software and infrastructure, leading in service innovation and acting as an evangelist for a DevOps culture.
- Champion the vision and purpose of the Release and Availability team in the build and run organisation.
- Work to enable and support teams rather than provide a service – creating a self-service model of deployment and operations rather than building a dependency
- Collaborate with delivery teams to make deployments more Rapid, Reliable, Repeatable and Reproducible.
- Maintain strong relationships with developers, architects, testers and operations organisation
- Technically lead in production incidents to provide challenge, insight and agreement in incident diagnosis.
- Actively engage with stakeholders, taking ownership of requirements and developing solutions
- Ensure governance processes are maintained, fit-for-purpose and adhered to.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
- Experience with Cloud based architectures such as AWS, Azure, Google Cloud and others
- Experience building CI toolchains using Gitlab, Jenkins, Maven, Ant etc
- Experience with tooling to support micro-services based architecture – Docker, Kubernetes etc
- Computer Science Degree / Cloud service provider certifications or accreditations
- Excellent troubleshooting/fault resolution skills
Additional Skills Required
- Experience working in a collaborative DevOps environment
- Knowledge of the DevOps movement and Agile
- Ability to coach, lead, inspire, support, and motivate colleagues
What You Can Expect From Us:
- 27 days holiday at start, rising to 30 days
- Agile working including opportunity to work from home
- Competitive pension / income protection / life assurance
- 2 paid days for volunteering per year
- Positive working environment in contemporary offices centrally located in Manchester
- Strong career path within a DevOps organisation
- Family friendly policies and supportive working environment
- Recognition scheme and a culture in which we celebrate success
- Colleague network groups committed to inclusion and diversity within our Bank.
Our Bank is committed to continuing to create a diverse workforce and an inclusive environment where all colleagues can fulfil their potential. We welcome applications from talented individuals from all backgrounds and lifestyles who can work with us in maintaining a culture of belonging, where people are valued and respected.
If you require more information or this document in a different format, please contact our careers team on
As a reputable employer regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, all offers of employment for this role are subject to a series of background checks, including criminal (DBS) and financial checks.