Senior Delivery Lead
35 hours, full time
The Co-operative Bank are longstanding advocates of hybrid and flexible working. During the pandemic our colleagues are working from home fully supported by our bank. As we look to the future, we will continue to offer remote working in roles that allow with the opportunity to spend 1-2 days in the office where desired.
The Co-operative Bank are celebrating 150 years of ethical banking, we're proud to be different. And we're even prouder that it's our people with purpose, who make us different. We help colleagues connect and support each other, our customers and our communities. We reward them with more than just a competitive salary, offering an attractive range of benefits that support work life balance, wellbeing and career development.
As a Senior Delivery Lead, you’ll oversee and drive the definition, planning, direction and delivery of strategic iterative releases and associated projects delivering significant change which meet both stakeholder and overall business requirements. You’ll also be responsible for the line management and development of Delivery Leadership colleagues throughout the competency.
* Deliver multiple IT projects to drive transformation across the Bank to time, cost and quality
* Lead & develop a high performing team of experienced delivery resources including shaping the size of the team and the necessary capabilities to deliver the required change programmes
* Develop and manage business cases for projects, ensuring efficient delivery with robust financial management & governance.
* Supports and delivers new, innovative and engaging propositions that drive customer engagement, self-service behaviour and customer advocacy
* Delivers the strategic roadmap central to the organisations strategy; resulting in a modernised Technology estate delivering customer and business benefits
* Maintains awareness of emerging trends, innovations, new technologies and potential vendors to identify opportunities for the Bank
* Provides in-depth expert advice to support strategic decision-making, enables the development and implementation of multi-function business plans, and to exploit opportunities, supporting and utilising common components to best advantage of the Bank
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
* Extensive experience of implementing Agile processes and principles and the ability to positively promote the benefits of working this way to stakeholders, cross-functional teams and the wider digital team
* Confident in technological advancements across multiple devices and platforms
* Strong customer focus and ability to promote this same focus and culture across the wider team.
* Experience of successfully leading and delivering a wide range of major and technology centric change (in terms of value, numbers of people and organisations involved and technical and business complexity)
* Experience of dealing with major stakeholders and large suppliers; able to represent the area/projects effectively up to Executive level.
* Degree or equivalent in an appropriate subject, plus a relevant business qualification or equivalent experience.
* Expert in all aspects of the Risk Management process; substantial understanding of wider aspects/implications of problems and issues
* Expert level planning and scheduling skills, ensuring the complex activities of interrelated project teams are controlled, co-ordinated and linked into the overall business plan.
* Expert leadership, organisational, delegation and team building skills for the effective people management across large/interrelated technology projects. Substantial experience of delivery success through effective management of virtual teams.
* Substantial understanding of commercial, financial and legislative requirements of digital delivery
* Expert networking, presentation, negotiating and influencing skills used at a senior level with stakeholders, suppliers, partners and sub-contractors.
* Proven strategic thinking and communication ability with proven organisational skills; able to delegate effectively on strategic projects/programmes.
* Strong ability to manage budgets and interpret financial data; experience of managing project budgets of £2m +
* Significant knowledge of company strategy, aims and key results areas, and of the political environment and business change.
* Track record of adding substantial value through delivery
* Agile qualifications
* Prince2 or equivalent desirable
What You Can Expect From Us:
- 27 days holiday at start, rising to 30 days
- Competitive pension / income protection / life assurance
- 2 paid days for volunteering per year
- Positive working environment in contemporary offices centrally located in Manchester.
- Strong career path within Financial Services
- Family friendly policies and supportive working environment
- Recognition scheme and a culture in which we celebrate success
- Colleague network groups committed to inclusion and diversity within our Bank.
Our Bank is committed to continuing to create a diverse workforce and an inclusive environment where all colleagues can fulfil their potential. We welcome applications from talented individuals from all backgrounds and lifestyles who can work with us in maintaining a culture of belonging, where people are valued and respect
As a reputable employer regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, all offers of employment for this role are subject to a series of background checks, including criminal (DBS) and financial checks.