Senior Cyber Security Consultant (Identify) Remote / Manchester (1-2 days p/month in office)
Salary up to £60,000
Permanent – Full Time
35hrs per week
Want to change the world? A career that makes a difference
As a Senior Cyber Security Consultant within the Identify Tower of our Cyber Security Function, you’ll be responsible for leading the designing, delivering and maintaining the IT Security solutions across all Bank IT projects. Working closely with project teams and stakeholders, you’ll be providing invaluable industry knowledge and strategic consulting expertise to support the implementation of security measures within Change projects for the Bank.
- Consulting Expertise: A deep understanding of cybersecurity principles and best practices, with a proven track record of consulting on complex projects within the financial sector. Commercial acumen with a business focus.
- Industry Knowledge: A strong grasp of the banking industry's unique cybersecurity challenges, regulatory requirements and current external trends is essential. The consultant should be able to apply this knowledge to tailor security solutions that align with the Bank's objectives.
- Security Standards Compliance: The role requires a meticulous focus on the Bank's 14 security standards. The consultant should be adept at assessing project plans and implementations against these standards, identifying potential risks, and proposing effective mitigation strategies.
- Collaboration: Effective collaboration with cross-functional teams, project managers, and other stakeholders is crucial. The consultant will play a key role in advising on security considerations throughout the project lifecycle.
- Qualifications: A relevant cybersecurity qualification is a prerequisite for this role. This could include certifications such as CISSP (Certified Information Systems Security Professional), CISM (Certified Information Security Manager), or similar industry-recognised qualifications. Proven experience in leading cybersecurity initiatives, preferably within the banking or financial services sector.
- Leadership: Leading and providing support to the wider team of Security Consultants to provide consultancy into the organisation, with a strong focus on team development, performance management, and goal setting
- Extensive technical knowledge in Networking, Distributed Systems, Mainframe, UNIX, Web and Mobile together with Identity and Access Management, Cryptography, Authentication, Network security inc Firewalls and IDS, End point and device security and Vulnerability management.
- Extensive experience of development and application of security architecture (both business and technical) in large, complex programmes of change;
- Extensive knowledge of architecture frameworks and models (e.g., TOGAF, SABSA, NIST, ISO27001);
- Full lifecycle experience in leadership roles on major application development or systems integration projects (e.g. application architect, technical architect, Project Manager, Consultant)
Desired Skills and Attributes:
- Analytical Thinking: The ability to analyse complex systems and processes to identify potential security vulnerabilities and recommend effective solutions.
- Communication Skills: Strong verbal and written communication skills are essential for conveying complex security concepts to both technical and non-technical stakeholders. Strong presentation skills are essential, with the ability to communicate IT & Security concepts to all audiences.
- Adaptability: The consultant should be adaptable to evolving cybersecurity threats and industry trends, ensuring that the Bank's security measures remain robust and up-to-date.
- Problem-Solving: Demonstrated problem-solving skills, particularly in the context of cybersecurity challenges within the financial industry.
What You Can Expect From Us:
- Flexible and remote working
- 27 days holiday, plus opportunity to buy 5 extra days
- Competitive pension / income protection / life assurance
- Positive, friendly work culture that promotes work life balance
- Commitment from employers on continued learning & development
- Wellbeing support ‘Help@Hand’ offers mental health support, physiotherapy, GP’s for both you and your family.
- 2 paid days for volunteering per year
- ‘MyReward’ corporate discount for over 800 retailers and Cycle to Work Scheme.
- Family friendly policies and supportive working environment
- Recognition scheme and a culture in which we celebrate success
- Colleague network groups committed to inclusion and diversity within our Bank.
We can only consider candidates with the right to work in the UK at this time.
Our Bank is committed to continuing to create a diverse workforce and an inclusive environment where all colleagues can fulfil their potential. We welcome applications from talented individuals from all backgrounds and lifestyles who can work with us in maintaining a culture of belonging, where people are valued and respected.
If you require more information or this document in a different format, please contact email@example.com
As a reputable employer regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, all offers of employment for this role are subject to a series of background checks, including criminal (DBS) and financial checks.
*Rated by Morningstar Sustainalytics in the Regional Banks sub-industry with a score of 8.5 as of 9 October 2023.