Permanent / Full time: 35 hours
Open for remote working/Manchester office base
The Co-operative Bank are longstanding advocates of hybrid and flexible working. During the pandemic our colleagues are working from home fully supported by our bank. As we look to the future, we will continue to offer remote working in roles that allow with the opportunity to spend 1-2 days in the office where desired.
Thinking of a move to an ethical organisation? Why not join the UK’s original ethical Bank in our industry leading agile scrum team and experience the power of putting ethics and values first!
We are excited to announce a brand new opportunity for a Scrum Master. This role is responsible for providing support and coaching to agile scrum teams in order to ensure delivery of solutions that add customer value whilst adhering to the Bank’s values, ethics and risk framework.
What will this role involve?
* Facilitate daily stand-ups, sprint planning, sprint demo and retrospective meetings
* Own, manage and drive the execution of sprint delivery
* Collaborate with the scrum team and other appropriate stakeholders to create and agree the delivery plan
* Eliminate impediments so that the scrum team can remain focused
* Acts as mediator between the team and the Product Owner to keep a healthy, productive relationship
* Motivate the team and manage interpersonal conflicts, challenges and opportunities for team growth
* RAIDDA management including managing risks and issues as they arise, collaborating with senior business or technical roles as required to resolve them
* Facilitate communication between roles and protect the team from distractions, interferences and uncontrolled expansion of work
* Support the team in estimating so that it can accurately forecast the number of deliverables possible in an iteration
* Coach the team through Agile practices, processes and tools
* Manage and engage appropriate stakeholders to ensure delivery including; Risk, IT and Security
* Act as a catalyst for continuous process improvement
* Represent the scrum at governance forums and report scrum progress and status to the appropriate boards
* Budget and financial management for the scrum team
* Release and Implementation of the scrums deliverables in support of the Release Manager
* Support the product owner to successfully deliver the change into the Business
What skills do you need?
* Experienced scrum master with demonstrable skills and proven capability of Agile application and scrum techniques
* Experience of transforming businesses from waterfall methodologies to agile methodologies
* Experience of influencing behaviour across team and across discipline
* In-depth knowledge and experience of Agile process and principles
* Outstanding communication, presentation and leadership skills
* Excellent organisational and time management skills
* Sharp analytical and problem-solving skills
* Attention to detail
* Strong customer focus
* Ability to drive continuous improvement
* Understanding of Risk management within financial services
* Strong relationship building record
* Highly motivated self-starter
* Comfortable at offering guidance and leadership both individually and at team level
* Certified Scrum Master or equivalent qualification
What can you expect from us?
* Flexible and remote working
* 27 days holiday, plus opportunity to buy 5 extra days
Competitive pension / income protection / life assurance
Positive, friendly work culture that promotes work life balance
Commitment from employers on continued learning & development
Wellbeing support ‘Help@Hand’ offers mental health support, physiotherapy, GP’s for both you and your family.
2 paid days for volunteering per year
‘MyReward’ corporate discount for over 800 retailers and Cycle to Work Scheme.
Family friendly policies and supportive working environment
Recognition scheme and a culture in which we celebrate success
Colleague network groups committed to inclusion and diversity within our Bank.
This role won’t be around for long, so we would advise to get your application to us as soon as possible by applying today. Unfortunately, we can only consider candidates with the right to work in the UK at this time.
Our Bank is committed to continuing to create a diverse workforce and an inclusive environment where all colleagues can fulfil their potential. We welcome applications from talented individuals from all backgrounds and lifestyles who can work with us in maintaining a culture of belonging, where people are valued and respected. If you have a disability as defined by the 2010 equality act please let us know on your application.
As a reputable employer regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, all offers of employment for this role are subject to a series of background checks, including criminal (DBS) and financial checks.
Please note we may withdraw this vacancy once sufficient applications have been reached.