Credit Risk Analysts
Up to £37k
Monday – Friday
Remote & Hybrid working
Manchester City Centre Office
The Co-operative Bank are longstanding advocates of hybrid and flexible working. During the pandemic our colleagues are working from home fully supported by our bank. As we look to the future, we will continue to offer remote working in roles that allow with the opportunity to spend up to 1-2 days in the office per week if desired, subject to government guidance.
Why apply for one of our Risk Analyst roles?
As a Credit Risk Analyst you will provide analytical support, insight and guidance to ensure the ongoing improvement and effectiveness of risk management strategies and associated processes across the Bank’s secured and unsecured portfolios (Mortgages, Current Accounts, Loans and Credit Cards). You will lead and support various credit risk activities across the customer acquisition, management or arrears lifecycles.
As one of the smaller banks, this is an excellent opportunity for direct exposure to our key stakeholders, showcasing your findings and playing a key role in strategy development and a variety of projects. You will play a key role in our growth journey through product and customer acquisition in 2022.
Why work for us?
* Be a key part of our journey to become the UK’s best digital bank
* Direct exposure to our key senior stakeholders
* Colleague bonus scheme
* Up to 10% employer contributory pension
* Flexibility, including work from home
* Contemporary offices based in the heart of Manchester
* 27 days holiday, excluding Bank holidays, increasing to 30 days
* Colleague benefits including discount scheme, life assurance, paid volunteering days, recognition scheme
* Family friendly policies and supportive working environment
* Colleague network groups committed to inclusion and diversity
What would we like you to have?
* Ability to analyse and present data & information using industry standard interrogation and statistical packages (SAS, SPSS, SQL et al) is preferable
* Credit Risk knowledge and experience preferable
* Educated to degree level in an analytical discipline. Ideally a further high level qualification in mathematics / statistics
* Experience in at least one area of credit risk management strategies (acquisition, customer management or arrears management) is preferable
* Good understanding of the consumer lending industry. This includes systems and practices along with commercial, financial and legislative requirements and issues
* Good communication (written and verbal) skills, including well developed presentation skills
* Proven stakeholder management skills
* Understanding of Credit Reference Agencies and their data
* Ability to analyse and confidently present complex technical information
* Planning and organisation skills – including the ability to deliver under high pressure and time limited scenarios
We are only able to consider candidates with the right to work in the UK.
We look to recruit individuals from all different backgrounds and encourage you to apply even if you don’t tick every box. We celebrate diversity, promote inclusivity and are open to discuss flexible work options to help you balance your work and home life. If you have a disability as defined by the 2010 equality act please let us know on your application.
As a reputable employer regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, all offers of employment for this role are subject to a series of background checks, including criminal (DBS) and financial checks.
Please note we may withdraw this vacancy once sufficient applications have been reached.