Remote Customer Service Advisor
Training Location: Skelmersdale ( fully remote once onsite training complete)
Start Date: 15th August 2022
Full Time - 35, 37.5 or 40 hours
£18,200 - £22,285 dependent on experience and working hours
You will also receive enhanced pay (premium pay) on top of your basic salary for working on a weekend
Who we are:
Formed in 1872 in Victorian Rochdale, our bank was built on co-operative values that still stand today. A lot has happened in 150 years, and we’ve been there through it all. Not just helping people with their money, but helping people fight for justice and the causes they care about. We are the only UK high street bank with a customer-led Ethical Policy; one of the main reasons our customers choose to bank with us. Find out more about who we are https://www.co-operativebank.co.uk/values-and-ethics/ethical-campaigns/150-year-anniversary/?
We are the bank for people with purpose. From supporting local communities to tackling climate change, all our colleagues and customers have a say in who we are and how we do business. Ethical then, ethical now, ethical always.
Why join The Co-operative Bank:
We are a diverse colleague community and encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work. We strive to help colleagues connect and support each other, our customers and our communities. We reward them with more than just a competitive salary, offering an attractive range of benefits that support work life balance, wellbeing and career development.
What we can offer you:
- Flexible working patterns 35, 37,5 or 40 hour week contract plus overtime paid at enhanced rates
- Enhanced pay on top of your basic salary (circa £1,260 per year) for working on a weekend and if employed on a full time contract
- 10 weeks of training in our Skelmersdale office – then home based with support
- 27 days holiday plus bank holidays, rising to 30 days
- 2 paid days for volunteering per year
- Family friendly policies and a supportive work environment
- Full IT equipment provided to be able to work from home and ongoing training and support
- Colleague network groups committed to diversity and inclusion.
- Clear progression opportunities
What you will be doing:
- If you can bring customer service experience at any level, we are offering a brilliant opportunity to join our award winning team and work from the comfort of your own home.
- You will identify customers’ banking needs to tailor solutions, whilst guaranteeing the right outcome for the customer and the bank.
- We need talented problem solvers who think outside the box challenge the status quo to help shape our Contact Centres of the future.
- Safeguarding will play an important part of your role, you will do this by educating customers on safer ways of banking, profiling callers, to ensure you are talking to the right person and protecting our customers from scam and fraud attacks to help keep their money safe.
- You will interact with customers over the telephone dealing with their day to day banking needs.
- As you progress you will learn more skills that will develop your knowledge and capabilities including identifying, preventing and stopping financial crime.
You will have the option to work a flexible working pattern of an average of 35, 37.5 or 40 hours a week over a 7 day period between 8am to 7pm Monday-Friday and 9am to 5pm on a Saturday and Sunday every other weekend.
Knowledge, skills and experience required:
We want you to impress us with the skills you have rather than where you have worked or for how long. If you demonstrate the desired skills and competencies below, then we want you to join our team.
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritise
- Passion, energy and enthusiasm
- Excellent listening and problem solving skills
- The ability and desire to work in a fast paced environment
- A hardworking and committed attitude
- Resilience and determination
- Computer literate, with the ability to navigate confidently and quickly around multiple systems whilst speaking to customers over the telephone
Please note: To work remotely, a designated, confidential and quiet work space is required to undertake this role.
About the application process:
Our application process isn’t long winded. There are only 3 quick and easy steps:
- Step 1 - Apply with your CV
- Step 2 - Digital interview (a video interview conducted in the comfort of your own home and 2 fun online games to play – the whole process takes approx. 20 minutes)
- Step 3 - A 20 minute chat with a member of our Recruitment Team
If you require more information or this document in a different format, please contact our careers team.
Our Bank is committed to continuing to create a diverse workforce and an inclusive environment where all colleagues can fulfil their potential. We welcome applications from talented individuals from all backgrounds and lifestyles who can work with us in maintaining a culture of belonging, where people are valued and respected. We are a Disability Confident Employer.
Unfortunately, we can only consider candidates with the right to work in the UK and who reside within a 25 mile radius of Skelmersdale.
As a reputable employer regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, all offers of employment for this role are subject to a series of background checks, including criminal (DBS) and financial checks.
Please note we may withdraw this vacancy once sufficient applications have been reached