Regional Personal Banker
Location: Oldham but flexibility to travel to other branches including, Leeds, Huddersfield, Doncaster, Barnsley, Sheffield, Rochdale, Manchester, Stockport, Bolton, Liverpool and Preston at short notice to cover sickness or holidays is required
Working Hours: 35 hours a week Monday – Friday 8.30am until 4.00pm or 4.30pm depending on the branch you are covering. Saturdays maybe required maximum 2 in 4.
Salary: £20,000 - £24,000
We are the bank for people with purpose. The only bank born from the co-operative movement 145 years ago. We believe in the power of 'we' and putting values and ethics first. We are looking for talented individuals who want to make their next career move in a bank that celebrates co-operative spirit. We put the customer at the heart of everything we do and wholly embrace advocates who truly connect and endorse our brand. And did we mention we are award winning? Year on year award winners for our products, our customer service and our commitment to communities. What's not to love!
At The Co-operative Bank we truly believe our customers come first. We understand the responsibility we have, to deliver a service that meets the individual needs of each of our customers. Our Personal Bankers understand that banking in a branch is all about the customer experience ‿what our customers see, hear and feel and not simply a transaction. That’s why Moneyfacts have awarded the Co-operative Bank ‘Branch Network of the Year’ for the second year running!!
So as a Personal Banker what part would you play in this?
- You will demonstrate a high level of meeting customer needs through excellent service & also demonstrate a proven track record of this in previous roles.
- You will work to processes within a banking environment and strive to do thing right thing for our customers every time.
- Your knowledge and enthusiasm, of both our customers and financial products, will enable you to build long lasting and effective relationships and consistently create a positive customer experience
- Managing a personal portfolio of customers, you’ll pro-actively manage their financial needs, identifying opportunities to add value. From being their first point of contact to assisting them through life events, to acting upon feedback received from them.
- You’ll be structured, accurate and organized, whether this is when following necessary processes to complete customer transactions or managing your own self-generated appointments
- Yourself and the rest of the branch team, will together, be the face of the Bank. You’ll participate and contribute in daily huddles and work together to ensure your actions and environment represents the right image
This is a great opportunity to shine and demonstrate your‿
- high levels of energy, resilience and self-motivation
- exceptional customer relationship and service skills
- proven problem solving and analytical skills
- experience of working in face to face customer service environment
- detailed knowledge of financial products and banking processes
What you can expect from us:
- 27 days holiday at start, rising to 30 days
- Competitive pension / income protection / life assurance
- 2 paid days for volunteering per year
- Positive working environment in contemporary offices
- Strong career path within Financial Services
- Family friendly policies and supportive working environment
- Recognition scheme and a culture in which we celebrate success
- Active network groups, ran by colleagues for colleagues
That’s what we can offer you – a firm belief in doing what’s right in a place where you can feel genuinely proud to work, grow and develop.
So, what are you waiting for‿. apply now!
This role won’t be around for long, so we would advise to get your application to us as soon as possible by applying today. Unfortunately, we can only consider candidates with the right to work in the UK at this time.
Our Bank is committed to continuing to create a diverse workforce and an inclusive environment where all colleagues can fulfil their potential. We welcome applications from talented individuals from all backgrounds and lifestyles who can work with us in maintaining a culture of belonging, where people are valued and respected.
As a reputable employer regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, all offers of employment for this role are subject to a series of background checks, including criminal (DBS) and financial checks.
Please note we may withdraw this vacancy once sufficient applications have been reached.