Hiring Manger is Caroline.Cartwright@co-operativebank.co.uk
The Co-operative bank has a lot to be proud of since the launch of the Ethical Policy in 1992 which remains unique in UK high street banking. We believe our approach to banking, with values and ethics at the centre of everything we do sets us apart and remains the key reason why approximately 4 million customers choose to bank with us.
To manage bad and doubtful SME accounts with a view to managing customers through the recoveries journey ensuring adherence to regulatory requirements and voluntary codes of conduct and standards. Additionally to maximise recovery of bad debt in a timely and cost effective manner, mindful of the Bank’s ethical policy and conduct responsibilities.
- Engage with customers and/or their professional advisors (where necessary) to investigate cases of financial distress where with a view to obtaining settlement / repayment
- Providing support to SME Banking in the management of Recoveries cases within their portfolios, handling customer situations appropriately and in line with procedures, applying specialist knowledge, appropriate behaviours, negotiation skills etc. to achieve a successful outcome for all involved
- Engage with customers to identify and agree strategies/arrangements that will seek to optimise the Bank’s recovery of distressed debt positions by adopting the most appropriate strategy
- To liaise with bank appointed solicitors and insolvency practitioners in respect of individual accounts
- To provide insolvency support and guidance to SME customers
- To manage any provision requirements or write offs through the relevant systems
- Maintain in good order and keep up to date internal reporting systems and databases for accurate periodic reporting, including Provisions recording
- Engage appropriately with external contacts – e.g. solicitors, insolvency practitioners etc
- Ensure audit, compliance and regulatory requirements are fulfilled and that no brand/reputation risk issues arise as a result of departmental activity
- Execute compliant processes and procedures that underpin the Risk Management Framework
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of the Risk Management Framework
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
* Good understanding of risk management.
* Excellent customer service skills
* Reliable and ethical, respecting customers’ confidentiality
* Able to plan and organise resources and activities effectively. Multi task and prioritise
* Good verbal and written skills
* Interpersonal skills to foster effective relationships internally or externally
* Experience of working to an SLA
* Knows the boundaries of the job and how to escalate to more senior levels
* Good understanding of quality standards required for the job in hand
* Good working knowledge of SME Banking and systems.
* Broad commercial and financial awareness and business strategy understanding.
* Professional qualification or equivalent desirable
* Knowledge of recoveries across an SME portfolio
* Experience of credit risk management systems, models, strategies and policies.
What You Can Expect From Us:
Flexible and remote working
27 days holiday, plus opportunity to buy 5 extra days
Competitive pension / income protection / life assurance
Positive, friendly work culture that promotes work life balance
Commitment from employers on continued learning & development
Flexible and remote working 27 days holiday, plus opportunity to buy 5 extra days
Wellbeing support ‘Help@Hand’ offers mental health support, physiotherapy, GP’s for both you and your family.
2 paid days for volunteering per year
‘MyReward’ corporate discount for over 800 retailers and Cycle to Work Scheme.
Family friendly policies and supportive working environment
Recognition scheme and a culture in which we celebrate success
Colleague network groups committed to inclusion and diversity within our Bank
Strong career path within People Talent and Development.
We are passionate and committed to continuing to build a diverse workforce and an inclusive environment where all colleagues can fulfil their potential. We welcome applications from talented individuals from all backgrounds and lifestyles who can work with us in maintaining a culture of belonging, where people are valued and respected
If you require more information or this document in a different format, please contact email@example.com
As a reputable employer regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, all offers of employment for this role are subject to a series of background checks, including criminal (DBS) and financial checks.