Location: Home Based/Manchester
35 hours per week
9 month secondment
Who we are:
Formed in 1872 in Victorian Rochdale, our bank was built on co-operative values that still stand today. A lot has happened in 150 years, and we’ve been there through it all. Not just helping people with their money, but helping people fight for justice and the causes they care about. We are the only UK high street bank with a customer-led Ethical Policy; one of the main reasons our customers choose to bank with us.
- To support the effective delivery of business readiness, operational and customer improvements, ensuring positive customer and commercial outcomes are consistently delivered through best in class standards and methodology.
- To deliver readiness activities, including mortgage simplification & the mortgage operation in – housing, that align to our strategy, scorecard, transformation and BAU projects and initiatives.
- To lead the elements of the overall readiness plan, inputting to the shaping of this and enabling successful and compliant delivery aligned to the strategic priorities.
- Co-ordination and delivery of effective readiness plans, proactively identifying opportunities, promoting and facilitating a culture for continuous improvement.
- To manage the embedding of all change into retail bank, ensuring benefits across the balanced scorecard are delivered, whilst not impacting customer or colleague experience through the transition.
- Co-ordinate the delivery of critical readiness activity that enables the on-time and successful deployment of transformation and customer/process improvement, to ensure positive customer outcomes are delivered.
- Identifies and shapes new opportunities to enhance customer experience, building on the Bank’s brand positioning through its values and ethics.
- Leverages new capability and processes delivered by the Bank to help grow and deepen customer relationships.
- Leads the effective relationships with key stakeholders ensuring collaboration that supports the delivery of the business area and wider Bank strategy.
- Inputs to shaping overall Readiness plans to support the Bank’s strategic priorities, leading on elements of this.
- Ensure our colleagues are fully prepared to handle changes and support customers through transformation activity.
- Works closely with the relevant teams to ensure delivery of the Readiness plan, including working closely with product and digital readiness stakeholders.
- Develops effective relationships across internal & external teams to shape robust readiness plans that set the Bank up for success.
- Develops a clear vision, and plan, works with delivery areas on the tactics to deliver against the plan and oversee timely adherence.
- Able to challenge and explore alternative options where required to remain aligned to our Bank’s values and support cost management commitments
- Influences and engages to deliver through others.
- Co-ordinate the delivery of critical readiness activity that enables the on-time and successful deployment of transformation and customer/process improvement, to ensure positive Commercial outcomes are delivered.
- Supports the creation and management of robust business cases to support project delivery and prioritisation, ensuring ongoing business justification through tracking and identification of benefits within customer channels.
- Consistent focus on cost and ability to explore alternative options to support cost reduction initiatives.
- Makes recommendations and implements continuous improvement activity to enhance efficiency and reduce costs through improvement culture.
- Utilises insight and data points to support internal plans and processes to drive key customer and commercial outcomes.
- Develops and manages impact analysis via effective use of data to track benefit realisation
- Proactive in documenting learnings from operational / pilot activity to form analysis and approach for wider transformation programme initiation and shaping to support customer channel colleagues.
- Support research and customer segmentation analysis, to define and shape good future customer outcomes.
Risk and process:
- Identify and manage regulatory, operational and conduct risks in accordance with the banks risk appetite.
- Ensure regulatory, risk and control requirements and the appropriate robust governance arrangements are in place.
What would we like you to have:
- Understanding of company strategy, objectives and key outcomes numerate and articulate
- Detailed understanding of the Banks Mortgage offerings, processes and systems including the outsourced model
- Good analytical skills, creativity and logical thinking to resolve problems
- Knowledge of UK banking industry, competition, commercials and regulation activity
- An understanding of change standards and methodology
- Experience of managing/coordinating small scale local change
- Track record in delivery
- Ability to influence and contribute to debates relating to assigned projects
- Stakeholder management skills
- Ability to track benefits through delivery
- Ability to resolve complex situations, interpreting business and technical requirements to understand the impact these will have when delivered
- Strong communications skills
Why work for us:
- Be a key part of our journey to become the UK’s best digital bank
- Colleague bonus scheme
- Up to 10% employer contributory pension
- Contemporary offices
- 27 days holiday, excluding Bank holidays, increasing to 30 days
- Colleague benefits including discount scheme, life assurance, paid volunteering days, recognition scheme
- Family friendly policies and supportive working environment
- Colleague network groups committed to inclusion and diversity
We look to recruit individuals from all different backgrounds and encourage you to apply even if you don’t tick every box. We celebrate diversity, promote inclusivity and are open to discuss flexible work options to help you balance your work and home life. If you have a disability as defined by the 2010 equality act please let us know on your application.
As a reputable employer regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, all offers of employment for this role are subject to a series of background checks, including criminal (DBS) and financial checks.
Please note we may withdraw this vacancy once sufficient applications have been reached.