PMO Analyst (Planning and Assurance)
Manchester - Remote Working opportunities available
35 hours, full time
The position of PMO Analyst is a key role within the COO function, to support the Bank’s Change Investment Portfolio. The role will report directly to the Portfolio Manager in the COO function, and will have pan-Bank accountability, requiring excellent stakeholder management at all levels. You will create, enhance and continuously improve the Bank Change Methodology (BCM) and associated processes, embedding best practice across COO and Bank wide. You will undertake analysis into MI produced by the projects and programmes across the Portfolio and produce reports into the relevant governance meetings and to the Regulators.
- Drive improvements and maintenance of the Bank Change methodologies (agile & waterfall) through continuous improvement activity, workshop facilitation and process optimisation to enable the embedding of refreshed documentation and ways of working.
- Support the creation of Board & ExCo submissions on a monthly, quarterly & yearly basis
- Support the risk management activities and reporting
- Support the Bank’s key governance committees (agenda planning, financial submissions, pack creation, facilitation, minutes, decisions & actions tracking)
- Support the management and tracking of the investment Portfolio spend, including benefits, for the Bank via appropriate process and governance.
Knowledge, skills & experience required:
- Excellent experience of a range of Change methodologies and delivery approaches including Prince 2, Agile and Scrum.
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to assimilate, interpret and then communicate information from many different sources.
- Excellent written and communication skills with proven ability to define and adapt new and existing processes and documentation/templates/ process maps etc.
- Proven presentation skills, both written and verbal to senior level audiences
- Highly organised, with an acute attention to detail
- Good understanding of project controls and standards within the risk management framework
- Good understanding of Business strategy, design and planning, desirable
- Highly motivated with proven ability to work both as part of a team and independently as required.
- Advanced skills in MS office applications – Word, PowerPoint, Excel, MSProject.
- SQL and / or VBA skills an advantage
What you can expect from us:
* 27 days holiday at start, rising to 30 days
* Flexible working including opportunity to work from home.
* Competitive pension / income protection / life assurance
* 2 paid days for volunteering per year
* Positive working environment in contemporary offices centrally located in Manchester.
* Strong career path within Financial Services
* Family friendly policies and supportive working environment
* Recognition scheme and a culture in which we celebrate success
* Colleague network groups committed to inclusion and diversity within our Bank.
Our Bank is committed to continuing to create a diverse workforce and an inclusive environment where all colleagues can fulfil their potential. We welcome applications from talented individuals from all backgrounds and lifestyles who can work with us in maintaining a culture of belonging, where people are valued and respected.
As a reputable employer regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, all offers of employment for this role are subject to a series of background checks, including criminal (DBS) and financial checks.