Location: Chesterfield Branch
Part Time - 28 hours per week Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday
Salary: From £23,000 (Pro-rota) plus annual bonus, 27 days holiday increasing to 30 days plus bank holidays and a fantastic range of benefits
This is a great opportunity for anyone who is looking to kick-start their career within banking or continue their career within the financial services industry. It doesn’t matter if you haven’t worked in a bank branch before, as we’ll give you full training to understand our clients, products and offers. We’re looking for great people with transferrable skills who can communicate clearly and confidently with customers.
Why join The Co-operative Bank:
2023 is an exciting time to join The Co-operative Bank as we continue our journey of growth. The original Ethical bank, formed in 1872, we are the only UK high street bank with a customer-led Ethical Policy; one of the main reasons our customers choose to bank with us.
We are the bank for people with purpose. From supporting local communities to tackling climate change, all our colleagues and customers have a say in who we are and how we do business. Ethical then, ethical now, ethical always.
We are a diverse colleague community and encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work. We strive to help colleagues connect and support each other, our customers and our communities. We reward them with more than just a competitive salary, offering an attractive range of benefits that support work-life balance, wellbeing and career development.
We understand that banking in a branch is all about the customer experience. What our customers see, hear and feel and is not just simply a transaction. That’s why Moneyfacts have awarded us the ‘Branch Network of the Year’ several times. If you can bring excellent customer service experience, we are offering a brilliant opportunity to join our award-winning team with career progression opportunities.
What a typical day will look like:
- Conduct financial health checks
- You will proactively manage a portfolio of customers as part of a team and aid them in opening, managing and optimizing their bank accounts, overseeing/monitoring their financial transactions and pro-actively managing their financial needs and identifying opportunities to add value. From being their first point of contact to assisting them through life events, to acting upon feedback received from them
- Helping customer realise the full benefits of our service both assisted and digitally, as well as supporting them with more complex financial needs such as protection
- Pursue leads and potential customers to expand services and products offered by the Bank
- Prepare documentation as part of an account opening process or enabling customers to manage their accounts better.
- Process applications for various banking products, such as current accounts, savings accounts and credit accounts
- Fulfil customer’s requests such as the verification of bank account details and printing documents for account terms and conditions
- Discuss bank policies and procedures and any changes affecting policies and procedures with customers
- Refer customers to in-house experts and/or relevant bank departments as and when necessary/in the event of any specialized needs
- Resolving queries and complaints about accounts and banking services
- Perform other routine administrative duties as required
Knowledge, skills and experience required:
- Positive and enthusiastic approach to excellent customer service
- High levels of energy, resilience and self-motivation
- Pro-actively promote the bank’s ethical and sustainability policies
- Exceptional customer relationship, service, sales/negotiation skills
- Achieving defined objectives on a weekly/monthly basis
- Proven problem solving and analytical skills
- Detailed knowledge of banking processes, rules and regulations (this would be advantageous)
- Ability to deliver community events as part of team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Multi-tasking and time-management skills
- Computer literate with the ability to navigate confidently and quickly around multiple systems whilst speaking to customers
- Proactive approach to educating and supporting customers with different channels of managing their finances as well as going out in to the community
- Ability to learn about our financial products and banking processes
- Cash handling experience
- The ability to adapt quickly and juggle multiple tasks from opening new accounts to advising on products and services and dealing with various customer queries
What we can offer you:
- 27 days holiday rising to 30 days plus bank holidays (Pro-rota)
- Annual bonus
- Competitive pension with bank contribution up to 10% based on your contribution for example you pay 4% we pay 8%.
- Income protection
- Life assurance
- 2 paid days for volunteering per year
- Family friendly policies and supportive working environment
- Recognition scheme and a culture in which we celebrate success
- Active network groups, ran by colleagues for colleagues
- Full training and development with career progression opportunities
We can only consider candidates with the right to work in the UK and who can reliably commute to our Chesterfield Branch.
We welcome applications from talented individuals from all backgrounds and lifestyles who can work with us in maintaining a culture of belonging, where people are valued and respected. We are a Disability Confident Employer.
As a reputable employer regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, all offers of employment for this role are subject to a series of background checks, including criminal (DBS) and financial checks.
This role won’t be around for long, so we would advise to get your application to us as soon as possible by applying today.
Please note we may withdraw this vacancy once sufficient applications have been reached.