People Policy Advisor
Monday – Friday
Remote/Manchester office location
We have been recognised as the UK’s best Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) rated high street bank by Sustainalytics for the third consecutive year putting our people and customers at the heart of what we do. 2023 is an exciting time to join The Co-operative Bank and our strong People team providing support to our leader population on all matters relating to HR policy and employee relations.
To provide an advisory service to leaders across the business on people related policies to ensure that people management issues are resolved effectively and efficiently.
- Provides day to day advice, guidance and support to leaders on individual and collective employee relations issues relating to absence, performance, misconduct, grievance, appeals and other policy issues as appropriate.
- Coaches and upskills leaders to ensure they can resolve people management issues effectively and efficiently resulting in mitigated risk and minimised cost.
- Influence decision making in Leaders to mitigate risk and support the ethics and values of the bank.
- Works autonomously and on own initiative in line with Bank Policy and procedures
- Ensures that all advice is provided in accordance with current legislation, current policy, process and practice, ensuring compliance with the regulatory and risk framework
- When required, attend grievance, misconduct, absence, capability and appeal hearings resulting in conclusion of formal meetings that are process and policy compliant.
- Work collaboratively and build strong relationships with the business, Trade Union partners, People Policy Consultants, Centres of Excellence, Legal team and the Concern at Work team, to ensure all procedures are followed correctly and people management issues resolved.
- Ensure all transactions are recorded accurately and in a timely way via case management and any other people systems as appropriate to ensure high quality audit trails and robust data to enable quality management information to be produced.
- Share best practice, feedback received and learnings from activity undertaken to enable continuous improvement of the people advisory service.
- Takes personal responsibility to identify improvements in self, people, procedure and process to maximise performance, potential and service offered.
- Supports with the production of management information on the people advisory case load, trends and areas of concern.
- Ensure accurate recording and administration of the conduct breach process and provide support as required to the Conduct Breach panel.
- Supports on the implementation of people activity and projects as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required
- Significant experience in advising on people policies to coach leaders in resolving people management issues
- Strong ability to identify and escalate high risk cases using knowledge and experience.
- Strong ability to influence and build relationships with leaders.
- Ability to work as part of a team ensuring consistency of service at a high standard.
- Strong listening, verbal and written communication skills
- Well-developed IT skills specifically in relation to inputting and extracting data on a variety of applications such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, HR systems etc.
- CIPD qualified or comparable academic/vocational qualifications, or equivalent experience
- Understanding of internal and external customer requirements
- Experience of dealing with multiple issues, cases and priorities concurrently.
- In depth understanding of current employment legislation and the financial regulatory framework.
Our Bank is committed to continuing to create a diverse workforce and an inclusive environment where all colleagues can fulfil their potential. We welcome applications from talented individuals from all backgrounds and lifestyles who can work with us in maintaining a culture of belonging, where people are valued and respected.
If you require more information or this document in a different format, please contact our careers team.
As a reputable employer regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, all offers of employment for this role are subject to a series of background checks, including criminal (DBS) and financial checks.
Please note we may withdraw this vacancy once we are at interview stage.