Operational Resilience Oversight Manager Manchester / Remote
Band B - £55K - £60K
35hrs per week
The Co-operative Bank has been rooted in distinctive co-operative values and ethics, underpinning how we run our business and providing customers with a real ethical alternative for 150 years. 2022 marks our 150th anniversary of ethical banking, we remain committed to our co-operative heritage, and values in all that we do. It is our unwavering commitment to these values and our unique customer-led Ethical Policy, which has made us a natural leader in environmental and social issues today, resulting in the bank being rated as the UK’s best Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) rated high street bank by leading ESG ratings agency Sustainalytics.
We are longstanding advocates of hybrid and flexible working and offer remote working in roles that allow, with the opportunity to spend 1-2 days in the office where desired.
As our Operational Resilience & Oversight Manager, you will be accountable for ensuring oversight, assurance and the accurate reporting of the Banks Operational Resilience risk profile. You will also ensure compliance with new regulations. We are looking for candidates with experience of Operational Resilience (i.e. Business Continuity, Disaster Recovery or Supplier Management and/or candidates with a background in 2nd or 3rd line Risk or Audit roles). This is a fantastic opportunity for great business and stakeholder exposure with the opportunity for career development and succession.
* Ensure the Framework for Operational Resilience Risk operates in line with the Bank Risk Management Framework requirements
* Be responsible for the authorship of related Thematic Risk Policy and Control Standards
* Provide the measurement, oversight and assurance for Operational Resilience and associated risks.
* Report on the Operational Resilience Risk Profile to the Executive and the Board
* To provide support and guidance to business areas to ensure current and future exposure to risk is identified, measured, managed, mitigated and reported through the appropriate governance in a timely and accurate manner in line with Risk Management Framework processes and requirements.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
* Excellent Leadership planning and organisation skills
* Knowledge and understanding of Operational Resilience frameworks and supporting capabilities (technology, supplier, data)
* Able to present effectively at meetings/conferences/ Bank Risk Committees and Transformation Steering Committees and to communicate the most complex technical/specialist ideas effectively to all audiences
* Ability to act as an advocate for risk management, governance and control best practice across the Bank
* Driving performance and transformation required for Risk Management across the Bank
* CISA, CRISC or equivalent accreditation
* Experience of working in a Regulated Industry
* 3-5 years in a ‘3 lines of defence’ risk role
What You Can Expect From Us:
* Flexible and remote working
* 27 days holiday, plus opportunity to buy 5 extra days
- Competitive pension / income protection / life assurance
* Positive, friendly work culture that promotes work life balance
* Commitment from employers on continued learning & development
* Wellbeing support ‘Help@Hand’ offers mental health support, physiotherapy, GP’s for both you and your family.
- 2 paid days for volunteering per year
- ‘MyReward’ corporate discount for over 800 retailers and Cycle to Work Scheme.
- Family friendly policies and supportive working environment
- Recognition scheme and a culture in which we celebrate success
- Colleague network groups committed to inclusion and diversity within our Bank.
Our Bank is committed to continuing to create a diverse workforce and an inclusive environment where all colleagues can fulfil their potential. We welcome applications from talented individuals from all backgrounds and lifestyles who can work with us in maintaining a culture of belonging, where people are valued and respected.
If you require more information or this document in a different format, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
As a reputable employer regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, all offers of employment for this role are subject to a series of background checks, including criminal (DBS) and financial checks.