Role Title: IT Technical Support Engineer
Location: Leek OR Manchester office with option to WFH Permanent / Full-Time – Occasional 24x7x365 on call support required
The Co-operative Bank are longstanding advocates of hybrid and flexible working. During the pandemic our colleagues are working from home fully supported by our bank. As we look to the future, we will continue to offer remote working in roles that allow with the opportunity to spend 1-2 days in the office where desired.
Your responsibility as an IT Technical Support Engineer will be to work at an advanced technical level to provide support for the availability of IT services in line with SLAs. Preventing the recurrence of problems and facilitating the high availability of Services. Provide change delivery support across all business areas in order to suggest and implement solutions.
- To be an escalation point for the Service Desk to provide a quality expert response and resolution whilst prioritising and optimising the high-volume of concurrent work to ensure an effective service is delivered within SLA’s. Provide out of hours 24x7x365 on call support.
- To be proactive in identifying Root Causes and recommending appropriate courses of action to prevent reoccurrence of problems.
- To provide a high level of expertise, support and advice to infrastructure users and to other areas of IT, to ensure service & incidents are managed effectively and appropriately.
- To carry out project or service improvement work as required, and complete timely and effective project handover activities to service and support teams to ensure stability and resilience of the core services.
- To work with suppliers and external technical resources as required to deliver project work and resolve issues.
- To participate as an active member of the team, offering best practice & coaching to other team members in order to strengthen the overall knowledge.
- To actively promote, seek opportunities for, and deliver continual service improvement.
- Maintain operational relationships with key internal stakeholders and stakeholder groups to enhance and maximise the provision of solutions, advice and guidance.
Key Experience, Knowledge & Skills required
Infrastructure expert in area of service delivery, including:
* Complex UNIX scripting (ksh) ability
* UNIX batch scheduling experience - TWS/UniQ
* Good analytical & problem solving skills
* Perl, AWK, SQL, PHP ability
* IBM Information Server DataStage knowledge
* SAP Business Objects knowledge
* A good understanding of Software Development principles
* Experience of complex technical service delivery and ability to understand complex internal infrastructure
What You Can Expect From Us
* 27 days holiday, increasing to 30 days (+ 8 bank holidays), plus the opportunity to ‘buy’ a further 2 days
* Flexible working
* Competitive pension contribution and life assurance
* 2 paid days for volunteering per year
* Excellent opportunities to progress your technical service career either into development functions, leadership positions or into the project space
If you’re inspired to join us, we’re confident you’re just the sort of IT Technical Support Engineer we’re looking for; someone who’s as dedicated as we are about growing our bank ethically, responsibly and passionately. Achieving ambitions as big as ours is a challenge you’ll thrive on as you enjoy career development, ongoing Our Bank is committed to continuing to create a diverse workforce and an inclusive environment where all colleagues can fulfil their potential. We welcome applications from talented individuals from all backgrounds and lifestyles who can work with us in maintaining a culture of belonging, where people are valued and respected.
If you require more information or this document in a different format, please contact our careers team.
Please note we may withdraw this vacancy prior to the closing date once sufficient applications have been reached. This vacancy will remain open for a minimum of 2 weeks for internal candidates.
As a reputable employer regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, all offers of employment for this role are subject to a series of background checks, including criminal (DBS) and financial checks.